The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Toyo T1R's what a difference

Bazzagt4

Hi folks,

Since having my Supra I have been running on the crappy "Fullrun" cheapo tyres http://www.wgtyres.com/product_info.php?cPath=138&products_id=10735&osCsid=a26a50d509e931b2d68d7365af7d44aa

I have had many scarey moments with these tyres :rolleyes: But as of today I now have a nice new set of T1R's all round. 235 on the front and 265 on the rear and what a differece its made, The car seems more planted on the rd and has less vibrations and droning. The tyres are still very new so havent pushed, but I'm out on track at Brands Hatch this sunday so they will be getting a bit of abuse then :)

Just thought I would share ;)

Good choice. I switched from Goodyear Eagle F1's which a lot of members rated at the time to the T1R's and the difference there was amazing. The F1's were very twitchy in damp conditions even in the N/A, but the Toyos have great traction and grip in all weather.

Am i the only person on here not using f1's or T1R's lol. Has anybody else got Pirelli P Zero's on there supe?

Yup, on the front of mine (F1s on the back). Very nice hand-holding screeeeeeeeeeeeeech as you get near the limit so you know how much you're pushing them. :D

Am i the only person on here not using f1's or T1R's lol. Has anybody else got Pirelli P Zero's on there supe?

After having tried P zeros, P6000's, Yokos, Michy Sports, Conti 1's and 2's, Goodyear F1's I can emphatically say I'd have been better off fitting shopping trolly castors to my car instead of another set of P Zeros.

Apologies, don't mean to diss, just my experience I found them utterly utterly dire :blink:

Good choice. I switched from Goodyear Eagle F1's which a lot of members rated at the time to the T1R's and the difference there was amazing. The F1's were very twitchy in damp conditions even in the N/A, but the Toyos have great traction and grip in all weather.

Good luck at brands, Every road tyre I have ever used on track melts at and astonsishing rate, with very poor grip.... you shoudl try getting a seperate set of track tyres.. if you do it regularly it will save you a fortune.

but track tyres are useless (and illegal) on the road.. :)

I have yet to speak to someone who has the new f1 asymmetric. I always found the old f1 excellent in the wet, but melts in the dry.

Guest Budz86

I'm running the F452's but had them less than a week so don't know how good they are. I went for these as performance between these and T1's are minimal but the Toyo's wear faster and are more expensive.

those toyos wear fast..

The only problem with Toyo's though is that they wear too quickly dont they??

but the Toyo's wear faster and are more expensive.

Either you lot drift everywhere or N/A's must be really easy on rubber then, 'cos I don't drive like a granny...

...and my current set have been on for 14/15 months and are just getting ready for replacing. That's on a daily driver doing 3-400 miles a month!

I went from swearing by T1R's to Khumo's and they're great, bit shouty in the dry on the limit but that doesnt happen very often.

I lost confidence in toyos after my rear tyre wall shredded for no obvious reason I then started hearing about a few others who experienced similar things with them.

I've always used Pirelli P0's and they seem to work OK in dry and in wet :shrug:

-Ian

maybe I had some really poor sets, I just noticed the tyres not gripping as well out of junctions when turning in the dry and wet in my local area. For the first few times I wondered if diesel was on the road or a lot of oil it shocked me that much in the wet :( tried fiddling with pressures, but having the same size rears of multiple brand tyres over about 4-5 years I found the P0's the worst

Before I put them on I thought they'd be a good quality tyre considering quite a few ferraris have them as stock.

I now have the Goodyear F1 Asymms (£405 for four :D ) but may try the T1R's on the next time around

After having tried P zeros, P6000's, Yokos, Michy Sports, Conti 1's and 2's, Goodyear F1's I can emphatically say I'd have been better off fitting shopping trolly castors to my car instead of another set of P Zeros.

Apologies, don't mean to diss, just my experience I found them utterly utterly dire :blink:

that's strange i find them to be very good in all weather conditions. i suppose it depends on what suspension and wheels you have on aswell.

I've always used Pirelli P0's and they seem to work OK in dry and in wet :shrug:

-Ian

:yeahthat: