The mkiv Supra Owners Club

J-spec pads reccomendations?

mikeyb10supra

What are guys using for pads on there j-spec brakes? I cant really afford a full set of UK's at the mo so that plans out the window..... so going to maintain and use the j-specs for now. With steveyboy massively helping out bleeding the whole system and replacing lines with goodridge jobbies and nice fresh motul fluid I feel I would benifit from some pads.

I know everyone will jump on the endless bandwagon but im not sure I can strech my budget that far at the mo as money is tied up in other stuff. Are project Mu any good?

Any veiws guys?

cheers

Mikey

Guest Garfy

I've just fitted CW pads, they are fantastic, and not a bad price to, I will be taking it round brandshatch on Sunday, so if I come back you know they worked ;)

Guest Garfy
Fast road is the description..... ;) Not Budding Mansell.... :) Take it steady, when you get going fast I can supply a proper race pad!

Don't worry I will, I love my car to much to crash it, but I have to say, I'm really happy with the pads, I have brakes again, and good ones :D

well, I can say these pads are fantastic, took my car round Brands Sunday, and they performed very well, my peddle did get spongy after a few laps, but I think that has more to do with the fluid than the pads, and although it was spongy they were still working, oh, and they got hot enough to melt the paint on my calipers, :D

Soft pedal is fluid fade, due to the fluid boiling gas vapour into itself. A good bleed and refresh with a race type fluid should be the next job. I use, recommend and sell Motul RBF600 fluid.

Pad fade is where the pedal stays hard, but the car doesn't slow down very much. Bad fluid fade is where the pedal hits the floor and the car doesn't slow down at all, you always remember your first experience of the latter, God willing!