The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gunmetal/Quiksilver

Soonto_HAS_soop

Has anyone got a photo of a Gunmetal soop, next to a Quiksilver soop? Is it the same colour, or are they different? All the photos I've seen make the colour look identical.

I was told when I bought mine, that it was gunmetal and not Quiksilver, but I'm not sure if the importer was talking crap.

Anyone got such a photo??

Ben..

I've seen both the Gunmetal soop and the Quicksilver soop together at JIC and test drove them both! both colours are very simular and can be difficult to tell them apart depending on lighting conditions.

Quicksilver is of a lighter shade than Gunmetal, and on the day i did prefer the Quicksilver, it was very sunny at the time.

Mine has the paint code 6NO, 1996 facelift car.

This colour is actually "Mica Metallic Greyish Green".

Apparently any Toyota colours beginning with 6N are greens so the fact yours looks a little green may make sense.

I took and posted pics of my car a while back, here's the link (hopefully):

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10517&highlight=dandan

Dan

me too! my first turbo is fixed now and running well apparently, just waiting for the Aircon to be sorted out tomorrow then i should hopefully be picking her up this week then taking it to Leon at JPS Motorsport for a full service and a number of planned mods

Yeh Osso they are WedsSport RS-5's 18x9 front and 18x10 rear.

I think I remember you posting a pic of yours a while back and i spotted you had the same wheels. I think it was a photo of before you got the car, cuz you weren't sure which tyres to put on or what tyres were on there??...is this correct or am I thinking of someone else?

Nice wheels, i wasn't keen on the gold at first but love 'em now.

Are you a fan on your wheels or planning on replacing at some point?

Dan

Thats me! I do like the wheels, I prefer them now in the flesh now that i've seen them, i was slightly disappointed initially when i saw the photos when the car was in Japan.

All the wheels need to be refurbed as they are all scratched some worst than others and they could all do with a good polish, i've no plans yet to get rid of them just yet, but i might get something else 12 months down the line if i see a good offer on a set of 19's.

Originally posted by Jake

The one on the is Left is Gunmetal, on the right is Clitoris Silver.

The sexy one immediately behind the Gunmetal car is the one to have though, it looks rather like Rage Extreme Thunderstorm if I'm not much mistaken!

Aghh the flying scud !!!!! glad to see you know your place ....BEHIND the superiour coloured car !!!!!:D

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by dude

Aghh the flying scud !!!!! glad to see you know your place ....BEHIND the superiour coloured car !

That was over in Holland, I had to promise to stay back 'cos when me and Rokka were up front these young lads couldn't keep up, we kept losing radio contact with 'em because the horizon kept getting between between us and them and it was blocking the signal!