The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK hybrid fuelling on std Jap ECU?

suprattgaz

I just need to check that I am not hurting my new turbos!!! I think this is a fairly unique set-up so can't find anything on here for it.

Something isn't running quite right, but just need to ask the question:

I have UK hybrids fitted to my Jspec. Now I have not altered the injectors (still 440) or ECU (still std). Running at 1 - 1.1 bar will the fuelling be handled correctly by the std jap kit?

I have some UK injectors and am looking at getting an emanage ultimate off Nic in the near future, but want to know if it is safe to run as it is without these on it yet?

I already had an emanage when i fitted these, but i only ever removed fuel, but then i ran them in TTC, so there could be a potential weak spot as the second turbo comes in in sequential mode, so its probably a case of getting yourself an EMU and wideband asap, what is the running problem? slight miss around 4,000RPM by any chance?

I already had an emanage when i fitted these, but i only ever removed fuel, but then i ran them in TTC, so there could be a potential weak spot as the second turbo comes in in sequential mode, so its probably a case of getting yourself an EMU and wideband asap, what is the running problem? slight miss around 4,000RPM by any chance?

Nothing to do with missing - it seems to be getting a weird loss of boost once it warms up. I'm wondering if the fuelling is wrong, creating a lot of heat and hence loss of boost due to less dense air??? I'm sure the engine bay was never as warm as it is at the mo (no gauges fitted at present so can't give figures).

It makes a funny sucking whistle nosie after 5 mins or so of running, and drops boost to about 0.85 bar? Checked BOV, not that. Left it over night to cool, took it out today, ran fine, 1.1 bar for 5 - 10 mins, then slowly dropped to 0.8 after a few more runs and that noise came back again (noise goes hand in hand with loss of performance). :rolleyes:

Turbo 1 oil feed has a very small leak I hven't got round to fixing yet, that couldn't cause a problem would it (it is weaping, not actually dripping so much it is going on the floor)?

I never booted it until this past couple of weeks as i was worried about easing them in, so this may well have been there from day one.

Nothing to do with missing - it seems to be getting a weird loss of boost once it warms up. I'm wondering if the fuelling is wrong, creating a lot of heat and hence loss of boost due to less dense air??? I'm sure the engine bay was never as warm as it is at the mo (no gauges fitted at present so can't give figures).

It makes a funny sucking whistle nosie after 5 mins or so of running, and drops boost to about 0.85 bar? Checked BOV, not that. Left it over night to cool, took it out today, ran fine, 1.1 bar for 5 - 10 mins, then slowly dropped to 0.8 after a few more runs and that noise came back again (noise goes hand in hand with loss of performance). :rolleyes:

Turbo 1 oil feed has a very small leak I hven't got round to fixing yet, that couldn't cause a problem would it (it is weaping, not actually dripping so much it is going on the floor)?

I never booted it until this past couple of weeks as i was worried about easing them in, so this may well have been there from day one.

See my comment on your other post.

It's impossible to say without an AFR readings, the 440cc injectors are okay with stock J-spec turbos at BPU levels, but with hybrid turbos you're probably pushing them close to their limit.

BUt the emanage ultimate I am getting off you will help with this won't it? Along with the UK injectors?

Bump, im interested in this.

I am just wondering if this could be part of the reason why my engine is the way it is. I too am running bpu with hybrids and as far as im aware i have stock injectors. I am at the process of starting a rebuild, and I may have a cracked piston head. Plus other lurking issues! :(

Edited by DaveSupTT (see edit history)

Well at the moment I am not to sure what power im making! As at the moment I am just starting an engine rebuild :(

I have loads off issues, which I was wondering if this could be one of the reasons for some of my problems.

Link to my issues etc

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=158179

All I know is that I am running BPU with Hybrids.

What is a emanage ultimate. Whats it do/replace and how much do they cost?

If you don't plan on going single, then I'd replace with a set of Power Enterprise 550cc injectors, these are a straight swap into the stock rail, they are also high impedance so no need for a resistor pack. If you may go single in future then PE 680cc injectors.