The mkiv Supra Owners Club

auto or manual????

Guest leightley

Guest leightley

auto or manual??

im looking to get a supra very soon but unsure about which gearbox to go for? heard the autos are good but ive always been used to a manual?

its going to be the non turbo model! sz or sz-r

would be great if i can get some opinions on both gearboxes!

also what i need to look out for when buying one?

i appreciate your help ;)

i wouldnt mind knowing to ! ive looked at so many supras lately some manual and auto but it looks like for the money i want to spend i can get a really good 5 speed manual na or a stock tt auto! i dont no whether to buy the 5 speed and do a tt conversion?!

The search button is your friend. Been done to death.

I was the same as you, only every driven manuals, then I drove my mates Auto TT. The auto box is brilliant on the supra.

No real point asking for opinions mate as at the end of the day it is only yours that counts.

Best advice is to test drive them both, form your own opinion.

i wouldnt mind knowing to ! ive looked at so many supras lately some manual and auto but it looks like for the money i want to spend i can get a really good 5 speed manual na or a stock tt auto! i dont no whether to buy the 5 speed and do a tt conversion?!

Or buy a Auto TT and do a 6sp conversion. ;) Costs slightly more but then you have the best of both worlds really.

I've driven almost every spec of supra and there's only one that I didn't like - the NA auto. Although the box itself is very good the engine just doesn't have the grunt to pull the car along. If you are set on an NA then it has to be a manual (IMO of course :D )

Guest leightley

bloody hell that didnt take long to get a response :p

thanks guys im going to test drive an auto on monday and hopefully do a deal with the celica! fingers crossed

anything in particular to look out for?

bloody hell that didnt take long to get a response :p

thanks guys im going to test drive an auto on monday and hopefully do a deal with the celica! fingers crossed

anything in particular to look out for?

Plenty to look out for, see the link Ewen posted above.

Everyone here will recommend you don't rush into it, get a drive in a few different cars and see what you like. Are you likely to want to increase power in the future? What is your budget?

Guest leightley
Plenty to look out for, see the link Ewen posted above.

Everyone here will recommend you don't rush into it, get a drive in a few different cars and see what you like. Are you likely to want to increase power in the future? What is your budget?

im not particular bothered about power at the moment but im sure ill get the urge for more power! im defo not going to rush into buying one i work at a garage and ive seen some people rush in to buying then wishing they hadnt!

budget!!!! not 100% sure yet untill i see what i sell mine for! got a couple people interested but we will see!

i appreciate the advice and help thank you!!

im not particular bothered about power at the moment but im sure ill get the urge for more power! im defo not going to rush into buying one i work at a garage and ive seen some people rush in to buying then wishing they hadnt!

budget!!!! not 100% sure yet untill i see what i sell mine for! got a couple people interested but we will see!

i appreciate the advice and help thank you!!

which celica is it

Guest leightley
which celica is it

its a 1995 gen6 ss2 got it up for £2500 got a bit of cash ill probs be looking to spend around 3k would like to keep some money back for a few things....car related obviously

Guest leightley
The auto is cracking mate , better than any auto i've driven before - but for an n/a as everyone says try and get a manual ;)

I thought i recognised that name , are you on celica-club under the same name ??

yeah i am mate im on 6gc aswell as l19tly!

you used to have a celica didnt you?

Like others have said, it's been done to death this topic has! lol.

I'm on my 2nd Auto TT and love it. Effortless driving around town! Plant your foot and grip on tight with both hands as it whizzes through the gears!

The only thing you have to get used to is people saying.... "Is that an Auto???"