The mkiv Supra Owners Club

springs & seats or just coilovers?

hoff

Again Im after some of your good advice:). Ive got a little spare cash finally to spend on either some lower springs and some seats, or some Tein Super streets:)

Ive been wanting to do the interior for ages but also fancy some decant coilovers. Im running on 19s at the moment which is why Ive been leaning to coilovers for their adjustability. However, Im getting some 18s next week. So would be I be just as well just getting some lowering springs? Would the ride still be reasonable on the springs, and would I be ok with lowering upto 35mm up front 25mm at the back? This would allow me to get some new seats.

But if you think I'd be better off going for the coilovers I'll do that:)

Thanks guys:)

:D I thought this might come up an had a feeling it be you mate:p I have seriously thought about it mate:) If my engine had let go now it would have been a no brainer. At the time I just couldnt afford it:( Im happy NA for now with it being a daily but Im hoping that I'll go NA-TT within the next 18 months:eyebrows:

Edit: Just got your text:p

Again Im after some of your good advice:). Ive got a little spare cash finally to spend on either some lower springs and some seats, or some Tein Super streets:)

Ive been wanting to do the interior for ages but also fancy some decant coilovers. Im running on 19s at the moment which is why Ive been leaning to coilovers for their adjustability. However, Im getting some 18s next week. So would be I be just as well just getting some lowering springs? Would the ride still be reasonable on the springs, and would I be ok with lowering upto 35mm up front 25mm at the back? This would allow me to get some new seats.

But if you think I'd be better off going for the coilovers I'll do that:)

Thanks guys:)

Super streets buddy. Ala JamieP, Gaz1 both writing good things about them. Budget £550 and when you're happy get 'em set up at CW or the guy SteveR and AshBHP used. :)

I'm leaning towards these soonish too. Good price and can handle the odd track day.

Super streets buddy. Ala JamieP, Gaz1 both writing good things about them. Budget £550 and when you're happy get 'em set up at CW or the guy SteveR and AshBHP used. :)

I'm leaning towards these soonish too. Good price and can handle the odd track day.

The Tein Super Streets are an okay budget coilover, there are a lot better coilovers available, although you will pay more.

Personally if I had a budget of £550 for a suspension setup I would fit a set of Bilstein dampers and springs.