The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo high temps problem, help pls

Batmax

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should, and do glow bright red under full boost. You need to tell us WHEN it glows red hot. It's possible the ignition timing could be too retarded, or the fuel mixture wrong, if it glows red at other times. Faults like those are engine killers. What ecu, who mapped it, and how? What AFR readings? What EGT readings? Where are the thermal barriers? Without those things WILL melt, even if the engine's running perfectly!!

how about dont put hose joiners near a mainfold.. you'll never ever in a million years stop it melting it. only slow the process down.. think of it as a service item.

solution is to mod turbo outlet.

get someone to either add a wiggins coupling or weld a longer outlet on the turbo.

most people will shun these techniques, but the only permanent "fit and forget" solution.

another "is your single reliable" yes of course it can be

They should, and do glow bright red under full boost. You need to tell us WHEN it glows red hot. It's possible the ignition timing could be too retarded, or the fuel mixture wrong, if it glows red at other times. Faults like those are engine killers. What ecu, who mapped it, and how? What AFR readings? What EGT readings? Where are the thermal barriers? Without those things WILL melt, even if the engine's running perfectly!!

Hi

It's Aem Ems the only think I donne was reduced 30% on the fuel map, to tune these I got a friend that come tuned my Supra but now I need to go moot, do I need to change more values ?

When does it glow red hot though, that's the question?

Any new installation, unless it's an exact copy in all respects to an existing one with a proven, accurate map on the same ecu, will need mapping from scratch. The number of people who put a single on their engines, a bigger turbo, a supercharger, whatever, then run it someone else's map, or on a base map, just to see what happens, is frightening. IMHO you need a knowledgeable professional mapper on hand from the moment the engine fires up for the first time, with proper diagnostics connected from the worg "GO". Anything else is Russian roulette.

When does it glow red hot though, that's the question?

Any new installation, unless it's an exact copy in all respects to an existing one with a proven, accurate map on the same ecu, will need mapping from scratch. The number of people who put a single on their engines, a bigger turbo, a supercharger, whatever, then run it someone else's map, or on a base map, just to see what happens, is frightening. IMHO you need a knowledgeable professional mapper on hand from the moment the engine fires up for the first time, with proper diagnostics connected from the worg "GO". Anything else is Russian roulette.

Yes I know is Russian roulette, I notice the Trc light appear what could be ?

It glow red hot all the time is not need push the supra something is very wrong I tell to the guy that work on my supra not push for the car and the stupid pushes at maximum damm stupid men.

Also my clutch rps triple carbon is doing strange noises or the Getrag anyone know what could be, I will try put a video.

Edited by Batmax (see edit history)

If it's red hot most of the time the timing is ludicrously retarded, or *MAYBE* the cam timing is out. Is it very flat with no power off boost? It needs sorting NOW, as in before it's driven again!!

Some words in english are hard understand to me, my english is bad could you explain bether and is possible I do any test to check if are somethink broken, please, thanks.

Check ignition timing, check cam timing, adjust as required. Have it remapped in other words.

In Aem Ems right, I will have a Pro mapper here so it's better I do not toucht in more nothing, but could I have damage the engine or the turbo ?

I put oil Castrol Edge 10w 60 is good ?

Edited by Batmax (see edit history)

What are we supposed to be looking at here? thermal blankets do discolour and harden, that in itself is not a problem. We need EGT's at idle, off boost cruise and also fuel mixture readings at the same loadings. Can you post the map you are using? I would get a pro tuner to look at it before you do anything else other than off boost readings..

I have been speaking with you for a while and im sure your running extremly lean which will make it run hot! As I have said, fly my technician down there and I will fix all your problems and get it done right and not cost you money in the future!!

Thanks,

Joe

I think the thermal blanket is the least of your worries, according to my reading of your map it's all set to zeros. Wes? I am no authority on your ecu, but it looks very odd to me.

There is a fuel map and ignition map in there, who mapped it?