The mkiv Supra Owners Club

red button with Japanese symbols?

RamzisX

It lets you move the gearstick when the engine is turned off.

This question and other similar ones can be answered yourself by using the search button and typing in a few sensible words.

Welcome by the way, and post some pics of your car...not in the technical section though.

This question and other similar ones can be answered yourself by using the search button and typing in a few sensible words.

Welcome by the way, and post some pics of your car...not in the technical section though.

thanks mate, good job! it is really it :)

next week i will put photos in, needs to do few bits

Edited by RamzisX (see edit history)

Surprisingly, this doesn't appear as a question in it's own right under FAQs.

I believe the first row of Japanese symbols, "シフトロツワ", are written in Katakana and phonetically spell:

"shi fu to ro tsu ku"

which, if you say it fast enough with the corners of yours eyes pulled back, sounds a bit like "Shift Lock". :D I assume that the second row says the same thing but written in Kanji.

The only use for it I have found is, it's easier to remove the surrounding trim piece (as the first step in dismantling the dash. - how many times have we all done that?!) if the stick is in Neutral.

Surprisingly, this doesn't appear as a question in it's own right under FAQs.

I believe the first row of Japanese symbols, "シフトロツワ", are written in Katakana and phonetically spell:

"shi fu to ro tsu ku"

which, if you say it fast enough with the corners of yours eyes pulled back, sounds a bit like "Shift Lock". :D I assume that the second row says the same thing but written in Kanji.

The only use for it I have found is, it's easier to remove the surrounding trim piece (as the first step in dismantling the dash. - how many times have we all done that?!) if the stick is in Neutral.

What was the question again? :blink:

Hello and welcome to the club, BTW :)

It lets you move the shifter out of Park without starting the engine.

Nice to see at least some people are happy to answer a newbies questions without stupid remarks even if the same question has been asked a lot of times. :)

Dont see you answering many ;)

That as maybe Hun but at least I refrain from giving a completely useless answer instead ;)

she's a woman. They never answer questions, only ask more.

Only kid'in. :innocent:

I tend to only answer questions when I am sure I can give the correct reply, in fear of getting the pi** taken out of me for saying the wrong thing, but then that's just how this Forum works at times :).

There are more then likely plenty of other people who feel the same and don't answer in certain threads because there is always some Internet Police (wo)man waiting in the wings to diss your spelling on a reply. :rolleyes:

I tend to only answer questions when I am sure I can give the correct reply, in fear of getting the pi** taken out of me for saying the wrong thing, but then that's just how this Forum works at times :).

I dont answer any questions as i know nothing

There are more then likely plenty of other people who feel the same and don't answer in certain threads because there is always some Internet Police (wo)man waiting in the wings to diss your spelling on a reply. :rolleyes:

Well said Keancy,

P.s I love you :love: