The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any Parts Interchangeable?

Tricky-Ricky

Common parts between the 2JZ and 1JZ

- Power steering pump

- Alternator

- Spark plugs (ngk 3330 and 6097)

- US spec 550cc injectors (resistor pack needed)

- JDM Spec 440cc injectors (drop in upgrade)

- Water Pump (requires removal of the 1J hydro fan and a 2J pulley)

- Head gasket (although most other gaskets do not swap, get a 1Jz set to do it right)

- Clutch fan (if you use a MKIV water pump and pulley)

- Serpentine belt (but NOT timing belt - see below)

- Oil filter and relocation kits

- Intercooler kits

- Plug coils

- Cam gears (incl aftermarket adjustable)

- JDM 2JZ Map sensor

- Ignitor

(edit: some more added info)

1) The rod and main bearings.

2) The head bolts, crank and rod bolts from stock or ARP either bolts or studs w/nuts.

3) The pistons including the wrist pins, wrings and locks.

4) The head gasket, stock or aftermarket.

5) stock side feed or after market side feed high ohm injectors. Low ohm injectors require wiring in the 7M or preferably 2JZ injector resistor pack.

6) Water pump and housing when replacing the hydro fan to electric or clutch fan.

7) Cams are normally not interchangeable with out some grinding on the 2JZ cam and having it spun balanced, HKS, Jun and Blitz all make 256, 264, and 272 cams for the 1JZ.

8) Cam shims, springs, retainers, Valves and springs, along with buckets are interchangeable.

9) turbos are not directly interchangeable and require a degree of machining to swap out the 12As for 12b.

10) Timing belt from Isuzu Tropper 4ZEL

Come to think of it...... if you do a manual conversion on a 1JZ with the R154 you use a 7M-GTE clutch, don't you? So the clutch is definitely different depending on whether it's R154 or V160.

I guess on either engine it's 2JZ-GTE flywheel and V160 clutch for a V160, or 1JZ-GTE flywheel and R154 clutch for the R154.

Edited by garethr (see edit history)

I have a 2.5 TT Soarer converted to the Getrag six speed in at the moment, everything fits if you swap flywheel and clutch and master and slave from the MKIV Supra across, although the gear lever doesn't exit the transmission tunnel hole perfectly centrally. Has the Supra TT big diff and propshaft and drive shafts fitted, too.

• 2 years later...
I don't think it is either, but I thought ask on here to check if anyone knows for sure.

From memory, the W58 and R154 share the same number of splines.... I'm scratching my head trying to work out where I saved all that info, but I'm 70% confident about it.

From memory, the W58 and R154 share the same number of splines.... I'm scratching my head trying to work out where I saved all that info, but I'm 70% confident about it.

That rings a bell from my searching on v-eight.com

I can't seem to find any info relating to the those boxes and the V160 though. I'm pretty sure they're different as well, but I want to make sure, if anyone knows 100%?