The mkiv Supra Owners Club

apexi filter with heatshield on N/A

Benyon

I know where to get an apexi filter from however i cant find a headshield, Do you have to make them yourself? I have been searching for a picture of one installed on a N/A does anyone have one they can put up? I Bought a TOM'S panel filter but not fitted it yet as i am considering the apexi. I wont be going into detail tuningwise but i dont want to lose any power nither So i need to find a good heatshield. Also would i have to alter anything and fit cold air feed or will the stock one do?

Demon tweeks said they have heatshields but they are not sure if it will fit an apexi on my car, I have found more info on them and some pics, Im thinking it might be better to wait till one comes up on here forsale with a shield, that will be sure to fit. In last few week two have been up for sale with heatshields. Might just wait to save hassle. Thanks for the help.

Stock airbox will supply cooler air, toms filter will give the same lack of performance upgrade as an apexi ;)

What Rob said. Stock is best in most peoples opinions:) Induction kits can give flat spots in the mid range.

My tom's is a panel filter, I know i will get better results with my stock box, but if an apexi induction kit/heatshield will not make me lose power but give my engine a good sound then i would be happy, I dont want an exhaust upgrade from what i read N/A produce louder notes than what a TT would.

My tom's is a panel filter, I know i will get better results with my stock box, but if an apexi induction kit/heatshield will not make me lose power but give my engine a good sound then i would be happy, I dont want an exhaust upgrade from what i read N/A produce louder notes than what a TT would.

Another vote for the stock airbox, the extra sound you will get from the induction kit is not worth the hassle as it wont be much louder.

As for exhausts there are a few quiet performance exhausts to choose from that still give a nice note and are not too loud, just keep both cats in to keep it as quiet as possible.