The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1uz engine

Chris Wilson

Added a second pic I have found, this must be it in build in Oz, as the empty transaxle case is from a sequential box Reynard F3000. I will find out more on these engines, they look like they have had some proper development work done on them. Builder is Erol Richardson in Oz, photographed with the engine..

£20 to 25 K with the ECU and loom? Depends what's inside it, which I intend to find out. If it's on a stock crank, with decent rods and pistons, with head work, cams and porting, and a dry sump it may be within those figures, if it has a custom lightweight steel crank it may go over.

I think Erol Richardson is a moderator on the Lextreme forum, username rms.

EDIT:

He is. This is his thread on the engine. In the members' section.

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8431

Not quite stock! Rev limiter is set at 9200.

Rods, pistons, 12.5 comp, cams, cam buckets, springs, 36mm inlet, 32mm exh, raised ports, 50mm slide plate ITBs, Siemens piezo crystal injectors, exhaust, dry sump, Motec M800, Motec 8 channel cdi, etc, etc. Running 98 octane pump fuel.

Port roof raised 4mm, floor is untouched. Cams are 330 deg, .430" lift. Our cam profile is race only and could not be used on the street, idle is around 1500/1800 rpm - 6"dia flywheel and 5"dia clutch doesn't help, not lumpy or 'cammy' just no grunt under 4500.

Rebuild about every 2500km, crack test, brgs, rings, valve springs, timing belt etc. About the same as a V8 Supercar engine.

Edited by garethr (see edit history)