pezzler

was just browsing tt performance figures when i found these on a yank site

Performance*

0 - 60 mph [secs] 4.6

0 - 100 mph [secs] 11.1

1/4 mile [secs at mph] 13.1 at 109

Top Speed [mph] 160

Lateral acceleration [g] 0.98

are these figures accurate? any have or know official performance figures?

i've always heard of the stock 0-60 being 4.9 seconds. and even bpu's struggle to get this as for traction difficulties the supra gets from stand still pull aways

Basic Performance Upgrade

The BPU upgrades allow the engine to produce more power by raising the boost pressure the turbos produce.

I'm confident now that with proper setup suspension and either 16's or 17's with good tyres, there would be no traction issues

13.1? Jay run a 12.98 with a very highly modded car at TOTB

I'd say it was do-able.

Jay's problems at TOTB were:-

- Heat

- 295/30 street tyres

- Lack of hard-launching experience.

Michel with 100bhp more than Jay barely managed to get in the 11's.

I don't think TOTB can really be used as a comparison. Plus Toyota probably used a Professional Driver and bumped up the power a smidge, on empty tanks and super sticky tyres.

was just browsing tt performance figures when i found these on a yank site

Performance*

0 - 60 mph [secs] 4.6

0 - 100 mph [secs] 11.1

1/4 mile [secs at mph] 13.1 at 109

Top Speed [mph] 160

Lateral acceleration [g] 0.98

are these figures accurate? any have or know official performance figures?

Iirc that particular car also did 0-150 in 29 seconds, instead of 37 seconds that other magazines found.

Where did they measure top speed? (ie distance)

13.1? Jay run a 12.98 with a very highly modded car at TOTB

And yet one of the other members managed to get into the 11's with BPU ;)

Its not all to do with power, its suspension, tyres, launching and then power IMO.

With a stock setup you would probably get a better 1/4 than with full BPU and 18's due to the launch.

Guest flipper

easily achievable just a good jockey and a decent car...

some people have skill...dont judge the times by your own car or your own ability.....

Its not all to do with power, its suspension, tyres, launching and then power IMO.

With a stock setup you would probably get a better 1/4 than with full BPU and 18's due to the launch.

I have been saying that for years (with my NA). People just dont listen to me :p

They're into the 10s for BPU cars with NOS in the states, they just know how to drag race better than we do as thats what they enjoy doing over there.

Pretty sure Ryan Woon was supposed to have done a low 13 sec 1/4 in a stock US Supra with DR's on. Best I could do was 1 13.8 but I cant shift for toffee.

just googled supra spec, brought up dimension etc; then i read the performance figures and they didnt quite seem right. was only searching due to insult from evo magazine; was reading the "knowledge" section in the back, and looked up the sup to see how it measured up to some of the big boys. apparantly standard figures as per evo magazine; 0-60; 6.6 sec, top speed: 160mph, curb weight: 1518kg, bhp/tonne: 209. ???! thought these figures were inaccurate......and the only gave the sup 3 out of 5 stars. d*$kheads

easily achievable just a good jockey and a decent car...

some people have skill...dont judge the times by your own car or your own ability.....

Utter rubbish.

No other test has ever replicated the results mentioned in the OP. Most tests have 0-60 in the 4.9-5.1 area on a good surface, to 5.4 on lesser surfaces. I'm unaware of any test acheiving a 0-100 in under 12 apart from that one above.

i guess the figures evo are showing belong to the uk spec car.....slightly heavier i believe. was just a bit thrown when i read the figures, then compared them to other cars in the same category......i've started to believe that no car in the world is better or faster than the supra. reality check!! need more power and less weight i think, starting to worry about what ford and renault are producing lately!

i guess the figures evo are showing belong to the uk spec car.....slightly heavier i believe. was just a bit thrown when i read the figures, then compared them to other cars in the same category......i've started to believe that no car in the world is better or faster than the supra. reality check!! need more power and less weight i think, starting to worry about what ford and renault are producing lately!

Uk Spec was said to be 4.9sec for manual and 5.1sec for auto. The big problem is traction, i think the car has enough power to get u to 60 in that time but all conditions have to be perfect.

For your everyday roads i think its agreed that at best we should manage around 5.2

If you can get the power down BPU would do under 5 seconds no problem, its getting the power down though.

I saw Evo's stat's and they are for a 1989 (even though it is supposed to be Mark 4 figures) Turbo Supra not TT 1993 onwards - Official figures from Mr Supra are for UK Spec 4.9 manual to 60 and 5.6 auto.

As for worrying about Fords and Renaults- are you sure you drive a Twin Turbo!

positive, unless i have two whistling dwafves beneath my bonnet! you do have to admit though; a few of the new "hot hatches" are pretty quick. not that i'd own one. but quick. obviously top speed wouldnt be an issue but mildly tuned motors in a new hi-spec hot hatch would pose a threat. especially o-70

You should beat most hot hatches off the line as RWD gives better grip than RWD from a standing start mostly... the thing is the little hatches weigh about 2/3 and have 2/3 the power, so power to weight ratios are similar to a stock Supra on these new Turbo powered hot hatches. A BPU Supra should have no worries tho.