The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitted different washer jets....

Jim_1979

I fitted some different washer jets this evening in prep for the MOT tomorrow.

I had to get something in a hurry, so got some halfords ones. They were originally silver, but painted them black.

To be honest, I don't think they look too bad because of my lairy bonnet. They work ok too, spray out in a fan type thing. Could do with being slightly higher pressure, but tbh, they do the job fine.

Pics....

Please excuse the fibreglass everywhere!!

I keep meaning to get round to putting some new jets on mine. I fancy some like the ones on my old crapper Pug 405, they sit on the wipers and spray as you wipe which works much better than the fixed spray ones.

Wouldn't know wether to just leave the old ones unused or try and block them up, bonnet does need respraying at some point anyway as it's got a big stone chip on it..

Did you try the pin and hot water method on your old washers?

The hose connection part of the old washers were so brittle they snapped when removed from the original bonnet.

I only noticed my MOT was due tomorrow, so I needed something fast.