The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jevansio's complete stock to single thread

jevansio

I asked Homer if it would be OK to do a full write-up of my car, it was about stock when I got it & I thought the whole process may be of use to someone as I myself have learned a lot on the way.

I'll try & keep the posts manageable with 1 post dedicated to a specific mod/batch of mods done at any one time. Bear with me as I'll have to go trawling through previous threads & my harddrive for pictures and while I knock up some text for each one :)

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1 of Supra ownership, this was the start of a very slippery slope for me :D. Here we have parked on my drive my black '97 facelift 6sp manual Supra the day I drove it back from Scotland. It was pretty much stock then bar a set of OZ SuperTurismos, I payed £10k which I thought was a bargain considering the low mileage. It also came with genuine OEM skirts & spats which was a bonus :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=79501&d=1217362446

attachment.php?attachmentid=79502&d=1217362446

attachment.php?attachmentid=79503&d=1217362446

Dscf0409_Small.jpg

Dscf0411_Small.jpg

Dscf0413_Small.jpg

Great idea. Are you prepared to put figures up as well? e.g £'s

I'm more than happy to do that Jon, although I suspect many people will only be interested in what the tasty bit cost (ie the single conversion & engine build), for the rest of the bolt on parts I guess pretty much everyone know's what they go for anyway.

Or more like never want to work it out!

PS: guys I might have to remove your posts later, just to let Jay get all his posts up and complete before the questions and comments come in

Good idea homer, i hate threads that are broken up with chat

My first modification was a full set of UK front brakes. When I picked the car up the front J-Spec calipers were binding on & the disks were badly damaged.

I did this within hours of getting the car :D. These were purchased from Michel for £500 I believe (mint condition UK Front Calipers, Disks, Pads & Goodrich Hoses).

attachment.php?attachmentid=79504&d=1217363762

attachment.php?attachmentid=79505&d=1217363762

Dscf0407_Small.jpg

Dscf0413_Small.jpg

Once the car was road worthy I turned to making it look like the car that I so badly wanted in the first place, a black 6sp UK Spec.

To do this I added an original UK hood scoop which I purchased from Toyota and a UK lip spoiler which I purchased from Hodge on here.

The lip spoiler had fitting issues on the J-Spec that I was unsure how to get around. In the end I removed the rubber lip from the swing mechanism & bolted it directly to the lower OEM lip using brackets fashioned from the original mechanism (good looks & lightweight :D):

attachment.php?attachmentid=79506&d=1217365202

attachment.php?attachmentid=79507&d=1217365202

attachment.php?attachmentid=79508&d=1217365202

attachment.php?attachmentid=79509&d=1217365202

My bonnet paint was badly damaged, so when the UK scoop was fitted I took the opportunity to have the bonnet fully resprayed (anyone who has seen the state of the paintwork on my rear arch, that's what my whole bonnet was like :)).

The overall effect was this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=79511&d=1217365202

attachment.php?attachmentid=79506&d=1217365575

The bonnet came in at £650 & the lip was £125 IIRC (both incl spraying)

Dscf0601.jpg

Dscf0603.jpg

Dscf0604.jpg

Dscf0605.jpg

Dscf0432.jpg

I had always wanted a set of deep dish wheels if I got a Supra, and I must have been the luckiest person alive when the infamous Lucifer had a set of beautiful 19" Racing Hart C4-R's (F 8.5", R 10"), brand new for £900!!!!

They needed special centre drive wheel nuts due to the desgin of the wheel.

With a set of Eagle F1's for £600 fitted I had a look that I was happy with for almost 2 years without change :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=79512&d=1217366662

attachment.php?attachmentid=79513&d=1217366662

attachment.php?attachmentid=79514&d=1217366662

attachment.php?attachmentid=79515&d=1217366662

attachment.php?attachmentid=79516&d=1217366662

Dscf0444_np.jpg

Dscf0445_np.jpg

Dscf0447_np.jpg

Dscf0448_np.jpg

Dscf0450_np.jpg

They're still on, lips are a bit tarnished now, I was going to get some CE28N's but it's hard parting with these, they look sooo good on the car :)

Give me a shout if ya gonna sell mate :cool:

PS excellent write up so far! One of my favorites on here :thumbs:

Give me a shout if ya gonna sell mate :cool:

PS excellent write up so far! One of my favorites on here :thumbs:

They're already spoken for the second they come off the car :D

Cheers Trig, I'll continue tonight when I get in from work, it's a bigger job than I first thought :D

My next task was to get the car to BPU level, an exhaust was my first step. It already had a HKS boost controller fitted even though both CATs were still in place, it was setup to run at 1.0 BAR, God knows what my EGTs must have been like, if only I knew then what I know today :)

Anyway the exhaust I chose was the HKS Ti Racing, I wanted something that sounded mint & I was bowled over by this video/sound clip.

It's 4" pipework with a titanium muffler, although 4" it sounded very quiet on tickover on the stock turbos and had a great roar when on WOT. It did however hang "really" low which looked good when people are behind you, but is a buggar for speed bumps.

I also bought a full decat pipe, & the lot was supplied & fitted by Envy, I believe it was around £1k for the exhaust, maybe £1.5k all in.

attachment.php?attachmentid=79565&d=1217450153

attachment.php?attachmentid=79566&d=1217450153

05062007311.jpg

05062007312.jpg