The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air vent boost gauge install?

Justin

Can you easily fit a 60mm boost gauge into the drivers left air vent next the clock hole? Or do you have to do some fabricating to get it to fit and look professional?

I saw it on Paul E's car I think.

Do you have to redirect the hot and aircon air to another tube or just do this by blocking the one inquestion up to a vent tube junction?

Cheers

Justin

I have just finished doing this with a 52mm electronic HKS gauge.

I had to make a plastic reducer to fit to the dash then pop the gauge into. It took about an hour to make up and fit. I think 60mm gauges fit straight in the air vent hole. Have a look.

dsc00001.jpg

Oops

Last one again.

As for the blocking off the air. I never use the blow in your face mode so just turn it onto the windscreen. Oh, and even when you have it on the window the air still comes out of the right hand vent.... or is that just my one.....

dsc00003.jpg

Justin the 60mm fit fine.

I not sure if PW re-directed the vent though ? I don't have the heating throught those vents anway.

If you break the fins in the vents and wrap the gauge in black duck tape then you can just slide them in. The outer edge of the fin case is used to adjust the gauge a litte if you need to. i.e. point it a little inwards to you.

boost daytime[1].jpg