The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dash lights

Guest Sue_n_Gary

Guest Sue_n_Gary

ive recently bought a supra and after getting it home and night came i realised that the ilumination around the clocks dont light up.ive checked all fuses and everyone is fine.ive had the clocks out today and there fine aswell.ive done a search on the net and apparently theres some wires behind the stereo that can cause this but was just wondering if anybody has had this problem before i disect my wiring behind my dash.

ive recently bought a supra and after getting it home and night came i realised that the ilumination around the clocks dont light up.ive checked all fuses and everyone is fine.ive had the clocks out today and there fine aswell.ive done a search on the net and apparently theres some wires behind the stereo that can cause this but was just wondering if anybody has had this problem before i disect my wiring behind my dash.

you checked both fuse boxes yes,:D

Guest Sue_n_Gary

av tried the dimmer,dosent do anythink.rang the bloke i got if off and he said it stopped working when he put a cd player in.

av tried the dimmer,dosent do anythink.rang the bloke i got if off and he said it stopped working when he put a cd player in.

Sounds me very much like a portion of the loom may have been cut/nicked/connected incorrectly. Grab some diagrams and have a look at what has changed.

Guest Sue_n_Gary

well thats easier said than done.lol the person i bought it off has made a right mess of the wiring in the car.ive had to pretty much rewire the full car.i just carnt get the dash lights to work.wiring is all over the place

Edited by Sue_n_Gary (see edit history)

Guest Sue_n_Gary

ive had the dash out today and i unpluged it and put it back together and it still dosent work

rest of dish is lighting up.just the speedo and rev counter ect that isnt

Edited by Sue_n_Gary (see edit history)

Do you know there is 2 fuse boxes in supra? One you should check is hidden right next to gas pedal under plastic cover.

If backlight under fuel/temp gauges is still working, check bulbs and check for any cracks around speedo/rev counter lights. All are powered from same connector.

Edited by Konrad (see edit history)

Guest Sue_n_Gary

ive checked both fuse boxes and the fuel and temp gauges arnt lighting up either.am gonna take me dash to bits tommorow and see if the wiring is ok