The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hit a Dear last night in the Supra!

marcAB10

First off there is very surprisingly no damage to the supra!!

I was driving out to my parents house at around 10:00 last night and while passing through Drumoke (a small country village) doing 40mph (the speed limit there) a large Deer came darting out in front of me, I hit the rear half of it on my drivers side headlight area with a very loud bang.

My initial thoughts were 'this is going to be bad' and fully expecting a smashed up bumper, headlight and/or wing but after inspecting it there was no damage at all except a small scratch and a load of Deer hair stuck between the headlight and bumper.

I count myself very lucky indeed, I attended the funeral of a close school friend last Monday after she swerved for a Deer, crashed and sadly passed away.

I guess she was looking out for me this time.

Edited by marcAB10 (see edit history)

Good on you for not swearving. Also, your very lucky i have seen some very crumpled cars with deer hear in

I was very suprised myself, the standard supra bumper must be very strong, if I had an aftermarket FG front I'm guessing it would have been a very different story.

it was a fair wallop when I hit it, shook me up a bit.

There was a taxi coming in the other direction that must of just missed it after I had hit it, and if I had swerved it would have been a head on with the taxi with the deer in the middle..

im glad to hear you and your sup are ok never really hit a big animal thank god just ran over a pigeon. usually they fly out ur path this one decided not to i didnt see it and my back wheel flattend it i looked in my mirror to see a cloud of feathers. Didnt even make a noise or shake the van at all but i did feel upset its not nice killing even though it was just a pigeon

Oooh close shave. Glad to hear the Supe's ok though :)

I'm sure I heard there's some law that if you run something over you can't eat it, but the next person who finds it can? Maybe it was in America.

I believe it is over here actually, deer being protected I think it is classed as poaching... hence the reason I follow :)

I wonder where you'd stand legally if you personally shoved the deer onto the road, then ran into your car waiting for someone to give it a splattering. I think that's the other half to marcs story... but was he the mastermind, or simply a 4 wheeled pawn in this poaching conspiracy.

I wonder where you'd stand legally if you personally shoved the deer onto the road, then ran into your car waiting for someone to give it a splattering. I think that's the other half to marcs story... but was he the mastermind, or simply a 4 wheeled pawn in this poaching conspiracy.

:rlol: