The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mobile Phone Advice

TTRickeh

I just took out a new contract with 3Mobile, phone arrived today. Nokia 6220 classic, 500 Mix & Match for £23 a month.

I probably ordered it a bit hastily because i've been wanting a new phone for ages and this has been getting great reviews, price plan seemed alright etc.

Anyway phoned up to cancel o2 only for them to offer me the same phone with 600mins and 1000texts + some bolt on all for £20 a month. (They offered me naff all when I went to upgrade a few months ago)

My 3G reception is constantly falling and reverting to normal reception, leaving me with no reception when it's switching in between.

3 state in their 14 returns policy you must not have used your handset/made any calls or texts with your phone to qualify, which I think is a bit tight but nevermind. If I wanted to return my phone to 3 where do I stand? If you exercise your 7 day return period under the distance selling regulations are you still allowed to have powered on the phone etc?

Thanks for any help,

Ricky.

If their service is unacceptable in your main areas of use then you probably have quite a good case. If you have opened the phone dipped it in acid, stuck it under your ass on the worlds biggest slide etc then you may have difficulty. Its all about how far you will go and how far they will. Its always good to push things a bit though.

i WOULD NEVER use 3 again i got two video phones from them over three years ago and the never worked i tried to cancel the contracts i was just over the 14 day return period, i hit a brick wall every time i tried to reason with them and explain they dont get any reception even one of their technical team told me i wouldnt be able to make a call i admited defeat and reluctantley paid the remainder of the contracts, and incredibly yesterday i got a bill from a debt recovery company saying i still owed 3g two hunderd pounds. hope you have better luck than i did with them.

Cheers, I think i'll be doing that. I've been advised trading standards could give me some advice as well so will call them. I'm going to write a letter saying I want to cancel and probably stating i'm doing so under the distance selling regulations and send that along with my handset recorded delivery.

I've phoned 3 times (seems to be the magic number :rolleyes:). First call was put on hold then just cut off, second call the guy said nothing you can do and was a bit rude, third call the lady was a little more understanding but still says i'm stuck with my 18 month contract now.

Not massively impressed with 3 so far, never had any problems with O2.