The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fix one thing, something else breaks

jevansio

I picked the car up from Motoscope today, it's just had the manifold taken off, re-wrapped, new cam cover gaskets & bolts/washers, couple of the manifold studs have had to be fixed with a helicoil. It was running/tickover great.

On the way home gave it a couple of 1.2 BAR runs to see if the FMIC pipework & hoses were holding, all was OK. Then another quick run & it only made 1 BAR, also made a funny whoop noise when I dumped.

I suspected a blown hose (which was why I was testing it with some boost anyway), so cruised home to get my tools to check all the connections. It tighened one or 2 up slightly, but everything else seemed OK so took it for another run to see if that had even affected it. Exactly the same 1 BAR.

I became suspecious of a non working boost controller to went home to check those connections. It was then I found one of the hoses to the wastegate was off :(, and not only was it off, the nipple on the wastegate had snapped clean off with part of it in teh end of the hose that was dangling.

Luckily it was the top hose, so I can still have the boost control setup in the old fashioned bleed valve style way. Why are these things sent to test me 1 day before TOTB :D, I just want it to run great for 1 day :D

On the plus side, if you're wanting to know who I am at TOTB, here's a pic of what the car will be looking like:

Michels will be the same but with a black shadow

Mine ran for about 50 mins before it needed to go back on a trailer and off to AFR

50 mins at 0.8bar in 12 months

I shall not work out how much that is per minute :D

Maybe we are the gathering of the most unlucky SUpra owners every, if there are a group of single owners standing together at TOTB I would keep away, there could be a lightening strike :D

nice looking car pal

Cheers Si :D

no probs, have you sold the intercooler yet?

sorry off topic, hope you get the car sorted out

No IC is still here,

No worries, Ryan is changing the wastegate setup in the AEM tomorrow, Michel may even have a spare nipple (oooo err missus) which we may be able to get MS to swap over tomorrow & I can have it back in the usual setup :)

Looks great, liking the new plate :thumbs:

Cheers Kev :thumbs:, yeah I sold the car it was on origionally so thought I'd put it on the Supe, I used to have it spaced JE Z6682, but I thought that was pushing it with the slightly smaller font it now has on the front

Guest CoolsBlue
Mine ran for about 50 mins before it needed to go back on a trailer and off to AFR

Damn single turbo's:DLooks very smart mate:)

I thought you might be on about that rangey you bought lol. I was gonna say I told ya so :D

Its the name of the game though trying to push out over double the power the car was originally intended to push.

That went within months, she prefers driving a Corsa, women :rolleyes: