The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What colour?? (wheels)

Jim_1979

Alright folks, curious as to what colour I should paint my wheels? They are in dire need of a refurb and will be fine until I get them done professionally.

I've done a few sets in the past with more than decent results. Will be fat better than they are at the moment.

I was thinking something along the lines of gunmetal centres and silver lip?

Anyone any other ideas? Any photochops would be ideal! :)

cheers guys

PS : I know those decals need to come off still and the car is very manky and needs a good polish! ;)

Guest CoolsBlue
Yeah mate... but I knew they needed refurbed at the time.

All black on black?? Will they not just dissapear?! (if you get me)

gunmetal centres with the lip polished:) a dark gunmetal btw...

:D

My secrets out lol i did have Black jeans with Black shirt with Black trainers with :D oh dear

I always thought of you more of a Robin:p

Bronze on black does look good too IMO. Cars with that combo always give me the impression that they mean business:eyebrows:

Mmmm... would prefer bolts same colour as wheel.

If you want them all one colour then theres no need to take them apart, shotblast, then powder coat them, polished lips are lots of hassel, if the lips arent too pitted then a good polisher will get them up like new but there very hard to laquer as weve tried several routes with varying results.

These were mine after polishing

DSCF0503.JPG

Guest CoolsBlue

Prepping and painting the centres is easy enough. But how much work is involved in the polishing?? (something I've not done before)

I duno, i just think it will look good:D

I always thought of you more of a Robin:p

Bronze on black does look good too IMO. Cars with that combo always give me the impression that they mean business:eyebrows:

:( Robin !!!!! are you psychic ???? i had a Robin outfit when i was a very young lad :D just when you thought it couldnt get any worse :(

Rays in bronze look the nuts and are made to your spec :)

:( Robin !!!!! are you psychic ???? i had a Robin outfit when i was a very young lad :D just when you thought it couldnt get any worse :(

Rays in bronze look the nuts and are made to your spec :)

:D Yeh the Rays are the mutts:) Do like yours though mate, especially like how the bolts brake it up a little:)