The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Polishing alloys

Benyon

I have searched for an answer to my question, but i came across this stuff has anyone used it on there chrome lip rims? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Meguiars-Nxt-Generation-All-Metal-Polysh_W0QQitemZ370071999452QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370071999452&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Just used it in my new allows and exhaust...seems good.

Btw it's the same price or thereabouts in Halfrauds- in case there's one near you.

When polishing wheels you've got to be obviously aware of what you're polishing.

Not all lips are chrome, some are anodised and you've got to be careful that you don't polish through it.

....also some polished wheels are lacquered, polishing will just remove the lacquer and leave them prone to oxidising.

These are what i bought but mine are staggered, im assuming for what i paid for these they wont be real chrome. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-ALLOY-WHEELS-TOYOTA-SOARER-SUPRA-TYRES_W0QQitemZ350082899253QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item350082899253&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318, Good job you pointed that out otherwise i would have gone and bought some today. Its to get very fine scratches out as i cleaned them with a normal cloth instead of a microfibre.