The mkiv Supra Owners Club

thought you guys may be intersted in this

Guest scott1999

Guest scott1999

with the help of this forum i have converted my 2jz gte , which is in my 1985 mercedes sel , to LPG i know it will not be much interest to many on here , but with this great engine , it has given my car a new lease of life , what you think?;)

car 005.jpg

car 003.jpg

car 004.jpg

001.jpg

045.jpg

Guest scott1999

hi gaz

not 100% as just had it done , hope to get about 20 mpg average , but its the price of LPG over here = 18p a litre , is why i did it .

Guest scott1999
I actually think that is quite cool, how does the engine cope with the extra weight because the Merc must weigh almost double what a Supra does!? Anyway i think that's quite a good project. :)

cheers benzsupra

thanks for comments

i think my sel must weigh about 2300kg against I'm i right 1600 kg of a supra ?,

its a bit slow from take off , but whenit gets going , well no need to tell you lot , just gives me a big smile on my face

Edited by scott1999 (see edit history)

Guest scott1999
Good to see someone do this. Will it still be reliable? Using LPG increases temperatures doesn't it?

hi James

yes i did notice , that when i turn off the car even with the turbo timer on at 3 min , if i go back to the car anytime up to half an hour the temp gauge , is higher then it used to be . any idea what i can do about this?

hi gaz

not 100% as just had it done , hope to get about 20 mpg average , but its the price of LPG over here = 18p a litre , is why i did it .

Norfolk? :blink:

:D

Very nice project!

You might improve the temperature situation by getting a decent 'cold' air feed to your filter (box it in or relocate it) ...

Edited by spartan (see edit history)

Guest scott1999
Norfolk? :blink:

:D

Very nice project!

You might improve the temperature situation by getting a decent 'cold' air feed to your filter (box it in or relocate it) ...

hi spartan ,

oops need to update my info , i now live in thailand , with my family , the car was bought in thailand ,

as your post , dont know how i can cool it down , with the temps out here :(

Guest scott1999
Cool (or not as the case maybe)! :cool:

To be honest, I would have thought that the ambient temperature out there would have meant that it's even more important to make sure you're engine isn't sucking in air directly from inside your engine bay.

How about water injection too? http://www.aquamist.co.uk/

thanks for info , this is very interesting, an going back in to read again , cheers

Guest scott1999
Normally it's slightly worse than petrol, around 85%.

By brother has just fitted a kit to his S type Jag, the engine is much quieter as you're removing the noise from the petrol injectors.

hi merckx

100% correct

Guest lewis_31

my cousin has got lpg on his 02 focus ex cop car haha.

works wonders.

59p a litre, its £15 to fill up :blink:

just need some unleaded to start it up :p

Guest scott1999
how much did it cost to convert to lpg?

hi fizzle , the car and conversion done in Thailand , IE cheap labour , but good parts ECU and injectors from Italy

cost me £800.00 and LPG here is 18p litre , :sly:;)