The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats going on?

Benyon

Supra mk4's going for sale for 2.2k what the hell? theres loads under 3k , Do you think petrol has somthing to do with it? My N/A aint that bad on fuel i would have thought people would sell the TT's cheap who couldnt afford the soaring petrol prices.http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?g=&s=271&filter=TP&o=q&pc=&min=&max=&txt=&px=&p=2&pagesize=15&xsl=list&y1=&y2=&d=0&dist=&nodays=0

Hardly 'loads'.

Most of those under 3k have been there for ages so i am guessing that you get what you pay for.

(I also wondered why Pistonheads keep the ads on even though cars have sold... some have been there for ages even though they clearly say sold).

think it helps seller gauge a selling price, which is why they keep them up there.

Yup and £7500 will get you a single tubby now

Would it be a single worth having though?

There is no point buying XYZ at 50% value if you have to sink thousands upon thousands into it, it's a false economy. As I said some months ago I went to view some rot box of a j-spec that was £4k about 6 months ago and it would easily have needed another £4k thrown at it. It smoked like Jimmy Saville & the air- con was about as cool, yet the heater wasn't all that either, the intercooler was knackered, needed new tyres and brakes. A proper inspection probably would have uncovered God knows how many gremlins.

If you're a fan of XS power you can. A decent single auto will be at least £9-10k and a manual at least £10-11K

You haven't seen my car for sale then? I'd hardly say a do-luck demo car with BL-T67 dbb, aem, and HKS kit on it is XS power. OK its an aristo and not a supra but not a sniff at £7500 so that means that there is other machinery of the same power and shall we say styling level as mine but of better marque ie supra's for the same money. Mine is even in the super demo car section of hyper revs magazine and won an award at the tokyo auto salon. It also still features on do-lucks website in the UK the states and japside.

Oh and its got useable back seats, and a boot you could fit two bodies in :)

Edited by dangerous brain (see edit history)

You haven't seen my car for sale then? I'd hardly say a do-luck demo car with BL-T67 dbb, aem, and HKS kit on it is XS power. OK its an aristo and not a supra but not a sniff at £7500 so that means that there is other machinery of the same power and shall we say styling level as mine but of better marque ie supra's for the same money. Mine is even in the super demo car section of hyper revs magazine and won an award at the tokyo auto salon. It also still features on do-lucks website in the UK the states and japside.

Oh and its got useable back seats, and a boot you could fit two bodies in :)

Sorry DB but the fact it's an Aristo kills your point stone dead.

B****ocks (deliberately put stars in as been warned before)

Does it really? Same engine, same T67 turbo as a supra used, same OEM manufacturer, granted a less popular motor but not that unpopular. Oh maybe it is that unpopular because if this was the do-luck supra it would be £20k not £7500 lol

Got to agree with DB here

Does it really? Same engine, same T67 turbo as a supra used, same OEM manufacturer, granted a less popular motor but not that unpopular. Oh maybe it is that unpopular because if this was the do-luck supra it would be £20k not £7500 lol

B****ocks (deliberately put stars in as been warned before)

Got to agree with DB here

You two are being deliberately obtuse.

The thread is about SUPRAS. This is a Supra site talking about Supra topics. Your Aristos have absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

I suppose you can buy a CLK55AMG for £10k because you can buy an E55AMG for less? M6 for £20k not £40k.

Hang on I saw a Boxster for £5k the other day, perhaps I could get a discount on a 911...

And when given an example of a supra you choose to utterly ignore the point. The whole point of a boxster and a 911 is being obtuse if you want to be picky ones a low powered NA and the other is a high powered top end sports car. If you want to be really picky about it aristo's are fetching more money at auction in Japan than equivalent spec supras do so placing a single turbo variant with credible cosmetic mods in the same price bracket as a cheaply done otherwise bog standard supra is not a great leap of faith.