The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice need please

J_Supra_07

I have got a 6speed tt engine and box to convert my aero top.

It is currently being worked on. the guy has told me it needs a new clutch and fly wheel because they both have deep burn marks in them.

This surprised me as when i pick the car up i was told it had a new clutch fitted recently, but i was not going to believe that till I had it checked.

He has now told me today that the cheapest clutch and fly wheel kit he can get hold of is about £5000. I have said there is no way I am going to pay that.

What is the price of a new clutch and flywheel and were would be the best place to get it from?

Positive mate I am as shocked as you I am going to buy the parts myself as the price for the job is fixed.

oh an see my HKS on way dude? :-)

Yes BOV in the post :)

If you're running stock turbos then fit new OEM Toyota parts, I can supply probably a lot cheaper than your local dealer, but would take a few weeks to order. If you need sooner here are the parts numbers.

31210-14170 Clutch Cover

31250-14190 Clutch Disc

90903-63001 Clutch Release Bearing

13450-0W011 Flywheel

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3922/picture1pd9.png http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2025/picture2if6.png

tell him to shut up and fit the clutch he already has.

Then when its done take it somewhere else to have it checked just to make sure. Im sure the one in there now can get you to another garage :p

thats is a Possibility but would mean more labour cost after. I’d rather know for sure the clutch is ok