The mkiv Supra Owners Club

race against the supercars

gaz1

will be going against some serious cars in the fighting torque event soon

my question is would it be better to use stock 17" wheels, it will be 1 mile top speed runs, i have 19" on at the moment but have the choice of stock too

any thoughts, oh any tips too:eyebrows:

First of all ... bigger is better :p

But I think 17 inchers will five you better traction off the line.

Would also be interesting to see the weight of a 17" wheel compared to a 19" (with the tyres one). I think even at higher speeds, the lighter one will give better acceleration.

Of course ... the width has to be OK :D

Gaz, big balls will help :D

mmmm who can i order them from

Softer suspension to aid traction as you launch would be a start.

Remove rear spoiler to cut down on drag.

Got ICE? Get that out too.

will adjust to a softer setting, not sure about the spoiler though (as i still want to look good as i pass them):D

will be going against some serious cars in the fighting torque event soon

my question is would it be better to use stock 17" wheels, it will be 1 mile top speed runs, i have 19" on at the moment but have the choice of stock too

any thoughts, oh any tips too:eyebrows:

Gaz my cousin in going in a ex police dodge charger its still has all the graphics and lights fitted which all work :) also the guy who owns the charger is taking his viper V1PED number plate look out for it ;) and please race him haha would love to hear the stories when they get back.

I really wanted to go but aparently it was invite only via pistonheads and only a small slection of modifed cars are allowed :(

Edited by dibbleyuk (see edit history)

Gaz my cousin in going in a ex police dodge charger its still has all the graphics and lights fitted which all work :) also the guy who owns the charger is taking his viper V1PED number plate look out for it ;) and please race him haha would love to hear the stories when they get back.

I really wanted to go but aparently it was invite only via pistonheads and only a small slection of modifed cars are allowed :(

will do mate, the stories may go "did you see the old git stalling his supra":d

17's and strip out some of that bling ;)
will be stripping all the bling saturday col, after changing the exaust and clutch:d

Definitely 17's, with nice soft tyres if u can get them. Is it a top speed run? If so keep the pressure in them as high as normal. Less pressure will give more grip but will be a lot less stable.

If you really want a go at it remove the spoiler etc. Will you be taping up all the "cracks"? That always helps for top speed.

When is it Gaz ? I still have those 17" wheels with yoko racing slicks or have you got some of them yourself for the day ?

a week sunday col, not looking at using slicks as it will probably be pissing down, and 180+ i don,t think slicks fill me with confidence:blink:

I seemed to struggle once hitting 6th Gaz, dunno if it is the extremely long gearing, or the heat of the day (pulled fine in 4th & 5th though). Have a look at the graph I plotted in my VMax thread, looking back now I reckon I could have squeezed a bit more if I had held it in 5th a tad longer.

Good luck :D, look forward to the results

• 4 years later...