The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi all want a supra but.....

Guest pikeyace

Guest pikeyace

Hey every one.i want to get a supra twin turbo, i'm 21 1yrs no claims,driving nearly 2 years and 3 points and i got a quote for £950 fully comp with my mum on it at bell.co.uk.I know it will go up when i pay monthly but i expected to see 3k.i thought i must of had enterd the car wrong but it does say car details 'toyota supra twin turbo 2997cc 3 door coupe 1993-1996'.whats goin on. thanks for any help

Might be the UK Spec, as I think they were only made from 1993-1996, and cost a fair bit less to insure. I'm with bell.co.uk, also 21 but with 4 years no claims and 4 years driving and pay about £1250. I drive a TT manual import and it clearly says on my insurance docs (IMP) after the model type. Maybe it's worth scouting in the for sale section and noting a UK specs number plate and a J specs, entering those into a quote and seeing the difference.

Hello mate welcome,

Im 21 and insured mine with greenlight who are modified car friendly so if you do any mods they dont have a problem with pretty much anything. With companys like bell, elephant etc are bloody useless!

also greenlight do an agreed value and like for like on mods so if something was to happen to the car you dont get some stupid payout you get what the car is really worth which is always nice to know.

Give them a try :)

Guest lukesupra

alrite bud welcome!! is a tt import bad to insure by any chance?? havnt really tried id love 1, had the n/a for 2 year still bloody quick but getting to used to it