The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wheels

fizzle

i am ordering some new rear wheels the alloys i have are no longer made so finding it difficult to find someone to sell a pair (ideally want 1) anyway i found a place that said he had some to that would fit supra. when i asked the fitment he replied..

"5/112 so we will send you variable nuts to convert to 5/114-supra fitment"

is this possible? will it knacker the wheels/car?

cheers guys...

Never heard of variable nuts. :search: That's just over 2mm diff on the diameter. 1mm per side on a small diameter would, imo, strain the studs. I don't see how the wheel could sit or be secured properly. :)

think he's on about these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CONVERSION-PCD-WOBBLY-VARIABLE-EXTENDED-BOLT-M12-X1-25_W0QQitemZ290246252785QQihZ019QQcategoryZ72257QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

definately wouldnt use anything like that on my car though fella.

yeah i think that must be them, not really got much choice tho as nowhere can supply me with the rims im after. only had them on the car 2weeks b4 i fuct em up, cant afford a new set.

do u think they will screw the car or be unsafe????

my wheels are 112 PCD. They fit on fine without any funny nuts or adaption pieces.

You can see when you put the wheels on they are slightly out. But its only a few mm. they still slide on nice and easily.

Never had problems with mine and they have been on years.

Im no expert on wheels. But just thinking you might want to know.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

yes 5x112 is fine, mine are 5x112 with varinuts, nuts with a loose collar which takes up the difference, havent had any issues/vibrations problems or the such like even repeated hard driving. Yes 5x114.3 is ideal but 5x112 is the max safe pcd you can go to with varinuts imho