The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you have 2JZ-GT OR GTE on your ecu?

EssexBoy

Looking at buying a MINES ECU for my car and I know the engine is a 2JZ-GTE however the bloke im buying the ecu off only has 2JZ-GT stamped on the ecu. I said this was for a non turbo model but he said no its for a turbo model for some reason on the ecu they leave the E off for some reason. Is this true or is he just blagging me so I buy it?

thanks

Thanks for your help guys much appreciated!.

So are you saying that if I buy a MINES ECU with 2JZ-GT on it then it is definately for the twin turbo model.

Someone advised me that for the delimit part to work it has to have a wire connected from the ecu to the TRAC ecu is this correct? Is it easy to do?there is no wire comming out of the MINES ecu to do this like the Blitz. Any help? does anyone have a MINES ecu here???

On the Blitz Access ECU for the Aristo, there is a blue wire that runs out of it that connects to a relay, when the vehicles reaches 112mph voltage is sent down the wire that activates the relay and cuts power to the TRAC ECU. Cutting power to the TRAC ECU delimits the car.

You can pull the fuse on the TRAC ECU to prove that point.

You will need to have something like this on any ECU you put in the Aristo as it's the TRAC ECU that governs the speed cut.

Personally I would just pull the fuse anyway as the standard traction control on the Aristo is awful.

Guest banjo_bob

Are we talking about an Aristo or Supra?? (Supra I guess seeing as it's a Supra forum??)the MINES isn't plug and play delimit on the Aristo (mk1 anyway)

Peejay thanks for pointing that out. Sorry guys I should of said the Aristo.

Im confused one person is saying the MINES is a plug in and play for the delimit and someone else is saying it isnt.

It has been pointed out that a wire does need to go from the ecu to the TRAC ecu as thats what controls the delimit. The Blitz Access ecu has a blue wire that connects to this ecu but the mines has no wire running from it. Why is that? does it do the same as the Blitz?

Blitz and MINES ecus are very cheap from the US if you can find them.