The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Running issue on way home from ACE

tooquicktostop

After an eventful day of mapping and ACE cafe meet I was on my way home when stuck in traffic the car started to idle hunt then stutter and the AFR's started swinging about on the lean side, I continued on my way and nursed the car at very low revs home trying to keep the AFR's in the 14's, they wanted to go lean, I noticed the vacuum gauge on the turbo boost was sitting lower than normal on overrun and struddled to make boost, however I did not push it, the fuel pressure was all ok, got the car home but it was not very happy with a hunting idle

What can I look for, there does not seem to be any boost pipes loose

if it's hunting it's normally vacume line dean, have you checked, double checked and checked them all again?

I have had a quick look thats all to be honest, not really sure what I am looking for, I have checked turbo intercooler pipes and they are all ok, the vacuum pipes are they on the inlet manifold ?

Guest Nicholas
I have had a quick look thats all to be honest, not really sure what I am looking for, I have checked turbo intercooler pipes and they are all ok, the vacuum pipes are they on the inlet manifold ?

all the vacume lines mate, the ones to your wastegate, intake plenum, dump valve, etc do you have a daylight engine bay pic to hand?

Vacuum lines look fine, after running through the symptoms with Ryan it could be the alternator as I did have a slight starting problem come from knowhere last night at ACE also, the poor current would cause the injectors to be erratic and this would in turn cause the AEM to try to compensate, this would cause the swinging AFR and on low speed a lean mix, as I was stuck in traffic the twin fans would have been on along with the lights, stereo etc and so would have shown up issue , I will check connectors to battery and alternator tonight but looks like it may need a new one, so I need two things :D

How much is a new alternator ?

Can anyone suggest a trailer to take my car to AFR from Purfleet in Essex, I have tried one company Matt suggested but he cant do it for a couple of weeks

The AEM is running the fans and they run a lot in traffic, gave the car a warm up tonight and the signs point to the alternator for sure, turn on lights, fans etc and the cabin lights go dim and the AFR's go leaner

Matt I have the car coming to you tomorrow via Les, a guy Mark has used at Phoenix