The mkiv Supra Owners Club

suspension

saucyhot

Well after you let it off the jacks it should only take a short drive for the shocks and springs to settle the weight of the car.

But once it has done this then if you are expecting the car to drop any more then it probably won't.

Aesthetically speaking it seemed mine took an hour or so to settle while sat in the yard (that was the time between lowering it off the jack to driving it as it looked good to go) - it felt really weird for a while so drove it back home after 10 minutes of clonking around.

Took her out the next day and everything seemed to be just right! So a little extra time overnight seemed to make the difference feel wise, but visually the suspension settled relatively quickly.

yeah.... im insane.... i had koni shocks and eibach springs.... and ive gone back to uk standard.... The fronts are really high.... almost looks like theyre still jacked up....

i drove it briefly, and checked it out this morning....

another question..... The koni shocks were a little shorter than standard, if i put back the eibach will i get a lower look.... or will they go back to how i had it?

i only changed it as the front was too too low and i scraped everything and my top secret bumper touched the floor....

it seems insane but i thought id go back to standard for a while and change to ajustable coilovers later in the year....

but the front looks too high? could the shocks be siezed?

i'll check tonight thanks.....

anyone got any ideas? is the fronts generally higher than rears?

Mine are but that's wrong. SteveR recently had his car professionally set up anmd the rears should be 10mm higher than fronts. Don't know the height from road to arch though. Sorry.