The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another help me choose a colour thread :)

marbleapple

HI All,

After owning my metallic maroon Supra for all of three days before making a mess of it, I am now looking at having the body work repaired and the whole car resprayed. I have asked Gaz of Envy to source a new Do Luck front and planned to have her sprayed either next week or when I return from holiday.

My problem is that I cannot decide on what colour to use, and as my girlfriend pointed out... the colour has to match the black rims.

I did think of red like below (which has my wheels on) but I think it is a little unimaginative and red is very common.

So basically... what colour would you have guys?

Please note: Black or white are banned from my colour choice since if I am going to pay to have a respray I would like something a bit different. (1st person to ignore this gets a 'you fail' sign).

That red one looks mint. Copy that.

Lexus SC430 red so i'm told :)

The idea of having a red car though does seem just a tad ordinary though

good luck on a new do luck late (if it's this one?), i've been waiting over a month and container still not due until the 14th of Aug :(

Thanks. The do luck front is like below (left one):

Edited by marbleapple (see edit history)

yeah late version do luck, nice pic btw :)

i'd go for a dark metallic red, if red's the colour of choice.

I got the pic of the US Supra forums...

Did you ask Envy to source the frount bumper or have you done it yourself? Was hoping to leave it with someone whilst I was in the US for 3 weeks starting next Monday....

I got the pic of the US Supra forums...

Did you ask Envy to source the frount bumper or have you done it yourself? Was hoping to leave it with someone whilst I was in the US for 3 weeks starting next Monday....

Mines in with KR, getting a genuine do luck, did ask Gaz if he had any in stock, spoke to Do luck UK (Sumo) and the best would be 6 week shipment.

Copies maybe available but i've seen some bad ones so gone for genuine in the end.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was advised that dark colours such as grays and blacks are the worst colours to use in a respeay as they show faults very easily... That's why I thought a nice red.

I like the r32 blue but I refuse to go down that route since one of my close friends already has a blue r32 and he'd give me serious stick!

I seen a nice red the other day, I think it was on a Focus ST, kinda deep and dark almost with a candy effect. Sorry if it sounds vague but might be worth checking out.

Thanks for the tip. I have a ford garage down the road from me. I will pop in.

I also quite like the red off the new grande punto.

Anyway, it's your choice. I like so many colours it hurts my head, so give it a few weeks, think about it all day everyday, and eventually you'll find an answer. Asking for a colour choice on a forum is like asking someone to pick your wife. Everyone has different ideas, so go with the heart! On the positive side, you can always respray your car... wife not so easy.. :)