The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will a Blitz Ecu for a Supra work on an Aristo?

EssexBoy

Hi was just wondering would a Blitz Access Ecu for the Supra TT work on the Aristo JZS147?

I have been told the ECUs are car specific however Ive heard of people plugging in standard Supra ECUs into the Aristo and they have worked and made them feel more aggressive however I cant remember if they had any problems with dash lights or engine management etc.

I know both cars have the same engine but the wiring and sensors are different so would it still remove fuel cut? Delimit the car? Increase boost/power

I look forward to your help guys.

You'd have to PM him via the Aristo Club forums. He's a member on there, he bought it off of me though so I can give you any details you need about it.

With regards to your original question, the standard auto Supra ECU works on the Aristo, but you lose aircon if I remember rightly.

BLITZ Access ECU (PC-23710T ) for JZS147 Toyota Aristo.

Removes fuel cut, with proper fuelling, it doesn't just clamp the signal like a FCD.

Increases rev limit to 7k RPM (although only when you hold it in gear like when o/d off)

Removes speed cut when connected up to TRAC ECU with a relay.

Ignition and Fuel maps altered for better performance

I don't need to tell you that these are hard to come by and rare as rocking horse doo-doo in the UK.

This is a really nice piece of kit and makes a huge difference especially on takeoff

Gives in the region of 30-40bhp extra.

Peejay you say

Removes speed cut when connected up to TRAC ECU with a relay.

What does this mean? Will the car be delimited when you plug the ecu in or do you have to do extra mods?

Its actually quite handy you say you had this ecu in your car as you can tell me your honest opinions of it ie did you notice a difference and did it do everything people say they do or was extra work needed as said above.

Would really like to hear from you on this.

thanks