The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how do you feel when somebody slags your sup ?

formatzero

Came home tonight in works van to find a guy astride his bike peering into my sup.I panic seeing handlebars so near my paintwork(been here before with my 406 coupe) jump out the van and the guy says,not a bad looking motor,i say yes not bad,he says pity about the interior,i feel the hackles go up :eyebrows:Dont slag off my car says i,oh sorry is it yours says he, i thought it would have a leather interior :Pling:The interior is standard cloth on a 98 facelift n/a and is mint.Plenty more questions follow,about wheels discs,etc.He then says will it do eighty no bother?im sensing a wind up, so i say ,just about,:D he continues do you have it fully comp as sometimes it's not worth it for these old cars :eyebrows: by this time i'm deciding which part of him to hit first,but instead say to him,by the way how's your CLIO VAN going :Pling:couldn't afford to keep it says he thats why i'm on the bike ! ! !

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol,

You do get them sometimes, most of the people around here think I drive a ferrari, corvette, tvr[just any old 1:D] and the best of all a fiesta with a bodykit - it was really well done ofcourse:innocent:,

The lack of automotive knowledge is astounding lol, best just let them think what they want - their only going to go away and tell their friends its a subaru anyway:D

Some people don't like the car, are jealous or just don't know anything about cars. I had some funny moments with my last black one which Wez reminded me about today..

Parked in a supermarket, some old couple started openly laughing and pointing at the (stock) spoiler :D

Another one was only last year

Passerby chav 1: F-king look at that, nooice (pointing at the supra parked up)

Passerby chav 2: shit wheels (stock 17's)

Passerby chav 1: Yeah, shit car, what a c--t

Now when people point out the dodgy paint, dents, etc, I just tend to agree with them, they're usually right.

The one thing that used to piss me off was the "wish my dad let me drive his car" I worked bloody hard for the cars I have/had and its always from people who clearly either dropped out of school and doing a crap job or cant be arsed to get a job that makes those comments. Normally I used to get quite nice comments by people who actually did a hard days work.

Guest Budz86

Havn't had anyone slag it off yet...although my mates are fed up with hearing about the various mod's I intend to make!

If someone did, I'd just ask them what they drove!

some people called my supe the bat-mobile.. which i guess i dont really mind.. buts its followed up with a.. that car is BEAUTIFUL! seriously most people dont have a clue about supras around our area.. its just looks nice and its fast to them so they usually shut the hell up after that. heheh! plus i have a piercing through my septum.. that usually scares them off too LOL

I have never been unfortunate enough to have the supra slagged off.

I have however had people shout w***er at me while I pottle along in traffic. I know its not because of a loud exhaust or outrageoud mods as my car is standard so I put it down to a case of envy or a bad run in with a supra/owner in the past.

About two weeks ago i had just bought some New alloys but had not fitted them, Some 40yr old come over to me at my girlfriends flat and said "nice car mate, dont like the alloys thou" because of that i fitted my new wheels the day after he saw me and i said because of what you said yesturday i went out bought some, he asked how much i paid when i told him he came out with "thats £100 more than my whole car" So now this guy thinks im mega rich for just going out buying some alloys when i actually bought them a few days before and was waiting for my brake upgrade to arrive hehe.

Couple of weeks back, i was in a traffic signal and a chav on his scooter was behind me, I looked into drivers side mirror and that @$$ is showing his finger at me!! I thought of put the car into reverse and slamming that b@$|@£d, but actually i had a big grin because i knew he was just jealous :D