The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mobile electrician/technician - any recommendations?

pedrostar

Hi guys the poor vehicle is taking a nap at the back of the house and im in desperate need of finding a mobile electrician or someone along those lines who can visit me to fix the problem.

Would anyone possibly know anyone?

Am based in South-West London (Barnes), just over Hammersmith bridge.

I think a few of you may have seen my previous post. (if not its at http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=156830)

Two probs...

1). Fuel pump isn't receiving any voltage. (need to check various parts of the wiring between the EFI #1 Fuse, the Fuel Pump ECU and the fuel pump

2). Fuel gauge isn't working (bought a new fuel sender unit as the fuel gauge is constantly stuck at empty so think theres something wrong with the floating arm but need to replace it under the guidance of someone who will teach me how not to blow myself up :) )

Have tried contacting several garages but no luck with getting people over and have no way of getting the car to the garage...any recommendations? pretty please :(

yeah absolutely brilliant. spent a coupla hrs polishing her up after you left and turned a few heads on way out :p Might sound strange but seemed to have gained a bit of torque, can only think the fuel pump must be working properly now and getting the proper voltage. :)

seems the gauge is still down though...will pop the tank open again and take a look at the float. you get back ok?

yeah absolutely brilliant. spent a coupla hrs polishing her up after you left and turned a few heads on way out :p Might sound strange but seemed to have gained a bit of torque, can only think the fuel pump must be working properly now and getting the proper voltage. :)

seems the gauge is still down though...will pop the tank open again and take a look at the float. you get back ok?

Yeah, got back in good time, it was great meeting you :)

Pull the FP hangar out again and double check that the sender isn't damaged. In fact thinking about it, the spare one you have, plug it into that loom connector at the top, and that way you can check the gauge easily.

Yeah, got back in good time, it was great meeting you :)

Pull the FP hangar out again and double check that the sender isn't damaged. In fact thinking about it, the spare one you have, plug it into that loom connector at the top, and that way you can check the gauge easily.

will do, good idea. good to meet you too, will keep an eye out for future meets now I have wheels again! :yahoo:

thought I'd let you know we're rockin n rollin (woop woop)

Tested the new and old senders and decided to take the old one out. The pink box the float is attached to was loose and not sticking properly so after a quick swap we're now back in business :cool: Gonna be weird to have a fuel gauge back :D

Edited by pedrostar (see edit history)