The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Indicators just fitted

SimonG

Nice and much better than the orange blobs:)

Question for ya all, I have noticed that some folk's indicators are completey clear, and others are like the pic above, are these the same indicators with clear bulbs for the indicators or are they completely different sidelight/indicators?

I`ve heard that if you have HID lighting kits without headlamp wash facilities, it`s an mot failure.....Is this correct, as thinking of this for the future ?

Not true you will be fine with HID's, there are no laws regarding retrofitted HID kits.

However never fit them to a car without projectors due to scatter, fortunately all Supra’s have projector lenses.

Edited by NeoMagic (see edit history)

I`ve heard that if you have HID lighting kits without headlamp wash facilities, it`s an mot failure.....Is this correct, as thinking of this for the future ?

I dont think so. Loads of people have HID'S on here and dont seem to have had a problem. I'll find out in a few weeks:D HID's are one of the most usefull mods you can do, they're so much better than the oem lights:)

Not true you will be fine with HID's, there are no laws regarding retrofitted HID kits.

However never fit them to a car without projectors due to scatter, fortunately all Supra’s have projector lenses.

This is correct. Mine has been through an MOT with no problems.

The regulations only apply to manufacturers to adhere to but as has been said there are legal issues if HIDs are fitted to lenses which are not projectors.

Just got back from having Face Lift Indicators fitted to go with face lift Headlights. Wanted to share, as i`m really happy with them. Not had time to clean the car, so a bit grubby.

Waiting for Rear Lights to arrive now :) :) :)

A supra with facelift indicators, whatever next! :blink:

Nice and much better than the orange blobs:)

Question for ya all, I have noticed that some folk's indicators are completey clear, and others are like the pic above, are these the same indicators with clear bulbs for the indicators or are they completely different sidelight/indicators?

different sidelight I believe. If you check on ebay you can get immitation' toyota clear sidelights, which are intentionally clear. I could be wrong though.

This is correct. Mine has been through an MOT with no problems.

The regulations only apply to manufacturers to adhere to but as has been said there are legal issues if HIDs are fitted to lenses which are not projectors.

There aren’t any legal implications when fitting a HID kit to a non projector lens, however the scatter created by the lens wont be very adjustable and the beam pattern will be all over the place.

Only then is when it becomes an issue, e.g. failing an MOT test or getting pulled by the cops for dazzling oncoming traffic etc.

Just purely retrofitting the kit and using it on the UK roads on a projector style lens or an older style reflector lens has no legal implications.

Projector lenses are the redeeming factor, quite a few post 95 era Jap cars have projectors fitted as OE thus they get away with it.

EDIT: The orange section in the OEM facelift indicators is removable chaps. :)