The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra featured in the new Bryn Christopher music video

johnd-mkiv

After reading this thread a while back http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=154142&highlight=music+video

I desided to message the company with some pics of my car, after a day or so I got a phone call to say they want to use my car for the music video :)

I spent over 14 hours cleaning the car and finnishing little bits on it that needed doing, one of the major jobs being the front bumber as it was smashed to bits after hitting a cone at Raf marham, bit of filler and a couple of cans of halfords spray paint it looked a lot better than it did. I arrived at a warehouse in graves end where the video was being filmed met the cast and then had my car fitted with vinal graffics, the director run through what he wanted to achieve so both cars were put on set and the filming started. The other car was built by cream developments, had a chat with the owner, was nicely done.

Did not realise how much work was involved in a 3 minute video I was there over 14 hours but the rest of the cast had been there longer. I had to wear a stocking over my head and drive into the warehouse fast do an emergency stop then they would edit me out to make it look like the girls were driving. I had a great day out, glad the fast an furious snobbery did'nt go to my head as I would not have had a great day and earnt a tidy sum to not only proffesionally paint my bumper but do a few other mods to my car ;) Big thanks to Modded Motors for arranging this.

I heard the song "smiling" on Radio 1 last week they said it will be released around 25th Aug, but I have had mates txt me today saying its been on the music channels already.

the making of the video

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38488441

Theres nothing like a group of birds with a fetish for face paint dancing between some flares to get a mans pulse racing!

Its a shame the Supra has the rear comedy seats otherwise you could have offered a couple of them a lift home :)

:) I had one in the car with me when I had to drive into the wearhouse, the director told me to drive flat out and come to an emergency stop :eyebrows: i was also told not to hit the camera :D

• 2 weeks later...