The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ever had one of those days where you want to cry?

marbleapple

Well I had one today... Having spent 3 hours polishing and cleaning my car, followed by my new car thread, I decided to take my car for a drive..... a promptly spun it on a bend, spinning 360 and hitting a kerb.

I have managed to destroy the front bumper, a spat, and the skirts :(

At least I know (from the parts that fell off), that they are original Veilside!

No one was injured, although we were very lucky. I had my little brother in the car with me. I wasn't racing or being daft but I guess I just applied the power too soon coming out of the bend and the road was slippy. My fault 100%

oops, your not the first and wont be the last but as you say nobody was hurt, make sure it is just body damage after hitting the kerb !

1st job tomorrow is to get it to a garage to get it up to have a look at it.

2nd job will be to ring Envy to see what they can do about making the car pretty again.

Get the rims checked too, they are magnesium wheels aren't they ?

Original Works alloys. Cosmetically they are fine but I want the tyres removed and put back on and I got a lot of grass and pebbles between the tyres and rims (I was driving on a moorland road and ended up in bracken).

Oh Ric. You haven't even got the 2nd turbo or auto-kickdown excuses to rely upon. :D

Sorry to see her in a bad way but think about it. You can get shot of that noisy 'zorst and lose the VS.

Win win.

On a serious note though it just proves that these cars can be a handful even in the dry.

Sorry to see her in a bad way but think about it. You can get shot of that noisy 'zorst and lose the VS.

Win win.

Lol :D

Yes I did see the humour in that! - Both the exhaust and the VS wanted replacing so at least I now have an excuse :sly:

I'm thinking Do Luck front this time... perhaps a trial real.

p.s. thanks for the email re exhausts... I have a feeling it may be coming in useful!

Guest Budz86

Gutted for you mate, think we have had our supe's about the same amount of time and I'd be fuming if I'd done that.

I know what you mean though about them being a bit of a handful, even the N/A's. I've had the back out on this a few times this week, mostly in the wet and lucky enough I havn't been going too quick so managed to keep it in check!

Hope it get's sorted soon mate! Just think, all the money you saved buying the car can now be put to good use! :D

Super glad you're OK. And particularly glad you didn't suffer my fate - very similar spin in my NA last Thursday night which ended with me hitting a crash barrier at over 50mph. Fair to say my Supe won't be on the road again :( Lesson definitely learned regarding being careful, particularly in the wet. Hope you get all the damage sorted. Be thankful nobody was hurt and your Supe is still roadworthy!

Just before Japfest i spent three days polishing my car making sure that it is my first event im ever going to with the mkiv supra guys and i have to make it look good. show was on a sunday and i went to go pick up my little cousins who wanted to go the show with me on friday. it was like 10pm on friday night when i went to go pick the last one up and as i was turning into park i dont know how but instead of pressing the brake i hit the accelerator! Result was:- smashing the car on a big kerb and the entire wing and bumper smashed up (as i did a full one piece kit and the bumper joined the wing). had to reshape the wing, fix the bumper because it all came off and a whole load of fibreglassing and filing, then paint, then lacquer, then polish and then try and make sure you couldnt tell it was hit!

Japfest only a day away i spent friday night thru till saturday eveing working on the car. slept for 3 hours in the garage. loads of sanding painting etc. finished the car at 2.30 a.m. on sunday, slept woke up at 6a.m. and went to Japfest!

P.S. just to add insult, my shining spotless engine bay was ruined thanks to all the sanding of filler. all the dust went over my engine which took me best bit of 2 weeks to do!

Image029.jpg

Image030.jpg