The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ragging a built engine

gaz1

i went for a look at this engine http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=141154

, now i believe the guy has been giving it a fair but of stick, now i spoke to the guy that built it and he said it was built for taking a fair bit of stick, he also said i could set it at 9k revs it was built 6 months ago, any thoughts advice plz:d it has a hks 51kair bolted to it, also the fueling is still on it:eyebrows:

sounds like its been either well built or its owner/builder can talk the talk;)

9k on any engine is quite an achievement, especial on a long stroker such as the 2JZ, and considering Toyota's rev limit 2k less, im not saying it cant be done, just i would not wined an engine up that far unles i know it will take it, with out seeking advise off another experienced 2jz engine builder you only can go on the current owner and builders words

i am by noway an expert though, i have managed to blow up every engine i have built:( and the in the link the guy is banned and the pics dont work:p

Well as TDi are selling the engine and TDi built the engine, I'd see what warranty they are prepared to offer.

Also, I would want to know what work was done to the head and to reduce the rotating mass to allow a reliable 9k rev limit.

Oh, and I would also add :eyebrows: :D

What happened to coldflames car then ?

Well as TDi are selling the engine and TDi built the engine, I'd see what warranty they are prepared to offer.

Also, I would want to know what work was done to the head and to reduce the rotating mass to allow a reliable 9k rev limit.

Oh, and I would also add :eyebrows: :D

What happened to coldflames car then ?

will be talking again to him tuesday to find out if he accepts my offer as he could not accept it there and then even though i had pound notes in my hand for it:blink: but my offer is firm so looking doubtful at the moment, but hey i don,t actualy need one right now:d

Gaz I would get something like this done yourself....regardless of how well built it is, you dont know how hard its been drive, how well it was looked after, who built it etc etc. I would personally get this all done myself by someone I trust and with parts I know work.

Its your call though buddy

gaz how much are you paying for it? (PM if you want).

Unless it's a very good price I wouldn't do it. He obviously choose HKS parts because he doesn't know better, classic mistake!

A lot of people go with as many HKS parts as possible due to the strong brand name, but HKS are in fact hardly the better choice in MANY cases. There are much better choices out there.

You should always carefully consider the best combination of parts, not just go with one brand. Most brands have their key competences and stuff they are very good at, but they also make parts which are not that great. That also goes for HKS!

It took me alooot of researching to find out the best combo and parts that suited my goals. You can have a look at my spec list if you'd like.

Forgot to mention, my spec list is not the one under my garage, I've made HUGE changes.. Actually a £30K+ build, aiming for 1300+ bhp.