The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seats

Greenauto

Been thinking about upgrading my colour coded leather front seats to something a bit racier with more bolster, that actually holds you in.

I've seen a few nice seats that I like:

Cobra Misano

Sparco Chrono

Recaro - don't know the name but its the ones that came as an option.

Will it look silly if I go for just one and leave the passenger side as leather? ( I've found sports seats can be a bit uncomfortable over a long journey if your not the one doing the driving.)

Also If I do go for just the one is it possible to swap the top part of the drivers seat cover over to the passenger side? passenger side is a bit scuffed but drivers is a ok.

Anyone got pics of just one race seat and one normal?

Cheers

Dave

personally if it was me i would save and get two cobra misano seats they go really nicely in a supra im sure you can get them for about £300 a piece now. Or the second option would be a leather retrim, im pretty sure jurgen on here does them for about £500.

Both would make a real difference to your interior.

Already had a retrim when I bought the car, its more for the extra holding of a sport seat that I'm after.

Your probably right and I should just stop being tight and go for two Misanos.

On that note does anyone have pics of these fitted in their Supra???

Cheers

Dave

The ONLY downside to these seats is the plastic bit behind your head. With most race seats they have two separate holes, but these have one solid piece of plastic that you tend to bump your head on. Personally never bumped mine but I've heard more than one girlfriend complain...

The ONLY downside to these seats is the plastic bit behind your head. With most race seats they have two separate holes, but these have one solid piece of plastic that you tend to bump your head on. Personally never bumped mine but I've heard more than one girlfriend complain...

I must concur with this statement - I have no problems being 6'3, but my girl is 5'3'' and has complained about the plastic on the back of the head - if she sits up properly it's not a problem, but if she slouches then there's an issue.

I must concur with this statement - I have no problems being 6'3, but my girl is 5'3'' and has complained about the plastic on the back of the head - if she sits up properly it's not a problem, but if she slouches then there's an issue.

Bit of an odd question, but how much higher is the back of your head than the plastic bit? I'm 6'0" so presume it's okay, even when slouching/sitting back in the seat? Really should have had a sit in these at the Reading meet!

Bit of an odd question, but how much higher is the back of your head than the plastic bit? I'm 6'0" so presume it's okay, even when slouching/sitting back in the seat? Really should have had a sit in these at the Reading meet!

I'm suprised you disappeared without sitting in them ;)

Hard to answer the questions for 2 reasons: 1) I never look backwards and 2) If I did I wouldn't be able to tell where my head sits ;) lol

I'll try and have a look today at the Basingstoke meet - but I'm pretty sure the back of my head would be on the Recaro logo or there abouts, so a fair bit higher.

Did a test for you Homer. I'm 5'10 and clear the plastic bits with inches to spare. So you're statuesque 6'0 will not be a problem. :)

They are lovely.

I have to admit those do look the absolute dogs dangleys.

A very classy look in leather. Thats the problem I now face, having seen yours and checked out the different options on the other seats I like too I can see that what I want is either full tan leather and the back seats redone in that too or any of the chosen seats in a nice black leather with green lettering as on my current retrims.

Too many choices!

Cheers for the pics.....

Confused.

• 3 weeks later...

See that is what I was thinking about now, getting some cheaper recaro's from a different make of car then goin down the full retrim path.

I'm still humming and haaing, but I've got plenty good ideas in my head.

These Corsa VXR ones just seemed nice and cheap, I'll post the link once I find it again.

Mitsubishi evo Recaro seats are nice and can be bought cheap, they bolt up to bride runners sold by whifbitz.

I just brought a front pair from an evo 8 for £200 like new but im having a full retrim done on the car.:)

£200 for the pair Jamie? :blink:

Will they fit straight in with some of the whifbitz subframes? That would make having some decent seats in my 'track' Supra a lot more affordable!