The mkiv Supra Owners Club

have you been beaten in your single supra

gaz1

I once followed an M3 waiting for him to pull over. He just sat in the outside lane. I had a look around, changed the track on the stereo, looked in my mirror, checked under my nails, then started to get really bored following him....

looked at my speedo, then realised he was trying to get away from me! I hadn't even noticed! I'd been on 1/3 throttle the whole time....lol

a TVR kept reasonable pace with me (did not pll away so hard) when I was GT35R, but now... ?

Marham and other supras are the only cars that I have been on a par with.

Only once. Some uber model AMG merc, still not sure it was but my god it made a lot of noise! Loverly motor.

Had a little trouble with an F430 until about 145mph, after which the gap started to close, but not by much.

surprised the ferrari gave you a hard time, didn't think they were that quick. Big mercs I can understand!!

Yes they are pretty quick, had a good run with one yesterday in my gtr but he gained about 3 car lengths up to 150 leptons.

Guy was a good driver otherwise would have destroyed him! lol!

Mind u my gtr is only around the 380 bhp mark currently so not exactly rapid.

When i had my single i rarely came up with anything on highway that stressed me including a sl55 amg, m5 etc.

186 bhp bike had my aristo easily enough yesterday (actually it wasn't that easy as he had his back wheel sliding out on him all the way to a tonne and I stayed way ahead until his grip came in and an oncoming car slowed me down). I say a bike it's more like a monocycle as every time he whoops past me he can only do it on one wheel :D Carwise not yet but there's plenty of time to find another singled up loonatic :)

Not so far...

A friend got his F430 spyder some weeks ago ... we'll check in the next weeks which one of the 2 cars is faster ... I'll keep you updated.

So far, the only car where I had to push hard to smoke it was a 997 turbo (Porsche). :D ... the advantage is that it has much better traction in the lower gears due to its 4wd.

only by a bike from a standing start, but then again i do live in the underprivaledged norf :D so dont get much chance to compare against serious cars, notable kills to date a Maserati, AMG Merc (gypsy scum bag) and a couple of 911's and a rake of boxsters and scoobys but they dont really count do they :D