The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help needed in Lothian - car viewing

Guest carrotts

Guest carrotts

hello everyone, not sure if this is the right section but i'm after hepl from some one on here! basically i live near chester and i've got my eye on a sup in a garage in west lothian.. are there any scots local that might be able to nip in and have a quick look at the car for me.. just to save me driving 5 hours to realise its a heap lol its a green one for 9995 at calder motors.. pm me if you can help

much appreciated!

phil

Guest carrotts

can a mod please change the title to something that will attract the scots?? thats the one i was on about yea.. looks nice enough in all the pics and it has a decent spec! not sure wether to go for this one or sit it out till something closer to home comes up! its right up the top end of my 10k budget and he doesnt seem keen on dropping the price very much

Guest carrotts
I'm about an hour away from there mate. I used to live 5mins around the corner from the garage.

is it known as a decent garage?? dan.. it would be great if you could pop in mate.. dont go out your way though

Guest carrotts

putting some doubt in my mind there todd.. maybe things have changed. would be ideal though if i could find someone to pop and have a look for me.. does 9995 seem a half decent price for thid car with this spec??

Hmm,

Personally I'd steer clear. It may seem ok in the pics, but most of Dee's stock is a wee bit tatty round the edges and tends to have a few less than tasteful mods. All stuff he'll sort for you, but at a price.

The price seems a bit steep in my opinion. If you have your heart set on a really nice green twin then check out the for sale section. I don't think Razza has sold his yet, its by far the nicest I've seen.

If I was onshore I'd have taken a look for you while down visiting my relatives mate.

Dave

I was over at calders a couple of weeks ago had a look at this car,love the color but to be honest it is not worth the money they are asking for it,be patient and i'm sure you will find one a bit cheaper and probably better.

I was over at calders a couple of weeks ago had a look at this car,love the color but to be honest it is not worth the money they are asking for it,be patient and i'm sure you will find one a bit cheaper and probably better.

What was it like cosmetically, was it in good condition?

I would stay clear of Calder motors, there cars are over priced and they never come down on the price. That green one has been up for sale at the same price for several months as a new guy posted this up a whiles back as for advice on a Green TT from Calder.

You will get so much more if you buy elsewhere and we have our own for sale section too with well looked after examples for a lot less cash.

The thing that Calder motors relies on is there is always some idiot around the corner that thinks they are getting a bargain, do not be one of those idiots.

Guest gracie69

i went to see it a couple of months ago. def not worth the money. the bodykit is really rough. flakey paint! and inside its not the nicest. their cars are a bit hit and miss. i bought a mr2 off them 4 years ago, which was a great car. but they are well known for selling accident damaged cars and not telling you about it:taped:

Hi carrots i was the new guy who posted that green sup some months ago and was advised to steer clear.It had a manual box recaro seats and at that time the paint looked good,a bit too good for the age of car,engine didn't look like low miler,and body kit not the best fitted ive seen.After offering me peanuts for my own car:eyebrows: the garage owner told me it was a guy from inverness who had it,and he had left with tears in his eyes as he was so upset having to sell it :sly:a likely tale,maybe the tears were due to the price he got :D

Guest carrotts

thanks for all the info fellas.. think i'm going to steer clear!! i really have 10k burning a hole in my pocket at the mo!!!