The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guest SiR Shizzle

Guest SiR Shizzle

Hello Lads,

New lad here, I've currently got a Honda CRX SiR and am looking at getting another car.

Always loved Supras and am thinking of getting one.

Couple of questions though:

1. I drive roughly 8 miles to work in the mornings through traffic. As a daily driver am I likely to ruin a supra by constantly stopping and starting?

2. I want a twin turbo (basically as much wallop as I can get) and am not really interested in modding it past nice wheels, exhaust etc as it'll be a daily drive. Looking in the for sale section is £6k - £10k about right?

3. Are there difficulties in getting parts for imports? I've had nightmares with my SIR getting even small bits and pieces.

4. What's fuel economy like - I expect it to be thirsty but my mae runs a 300zx and is being crippled at the moment. (to be fair I'm forking out a bit too).

Many thanks, I know i'll probably get loads of 'Use the search function' reponses but I'm at work and am too busy lol

Dave

:welcome:

I think you have a healthy budget for a TT. I dont own a TT so i'll leave it to the experts on here to comment about the economy. But from what i've heard you'll get about 18-22 mpg depending how you drive :)

And regarding parts, there are plenty of traders in here who can get the required parts. :D

Good luck!!

Economy + TT are mutually exclusive ;)

Parts aren't generally a problem, mainly due to this forum.

Owning a Supra TT is all about maintenece. Do it properly and you shouldn't have much of a problem. Choose carefully when buying one as well, there are some right dogs out there. I'd advise buying as standard a car as you can find.

One more thing: Once you buy one it's a downward slope, you'll be locked in and addicted after your first week and will wonder how you ever did without one. They really are brilliant cars.

I have to say that the OPs first question is interesting. You hear much about the Supra being bombproof, ultra reliable etc etc yet mine seemed to be in the garage every two months.

I put it down to it being the 40 mile round trip full of stopping and starting that it did every day.

welcome, daily driving stop starting is ok, you just need to give it a good run to stretch it's legs every now and again.

As long as your coolant's good and the rad and intercooler are in good nick, then not too much a worry, but sitting in traffic all the time could cause you heat issues.

An auto is great for this type of driving;)