The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra from South Africa

Guest Wassie

Guest Wassie

Hi Guys,

Had the lights refurbished as well the the paint autoglazed the past week. I refurbished the wheels and had them resprayed about a week or so ago. I would like to hear your comments on it.

Guest Wassie

Hi guys,

Thanks, for the comments. I am from Cape Town, but used to live in Pretoria. In Waterkloof. I was so lucky that the previous owner bought the car in New Zealand while he lived there, and when he moved back he brought it with. Other than that it is next to impossible to get an import here.

The problem now is accessories and parts. But with MKiv's help I have been able to get what I need. So far.

Guest CoolsBlue

Nice supra and welcome, theres alot of traders on here who will be able to help with parts! i take it theres not alot of supras in SA then? as people would have to import them as 'returning residents'?

Kev

Hi guys,

Thanks, for the comments. I am from Cape Town, but used to live in Pretoria. In Waterkloof. I was so lucky that the previous owner bought the car in New Zealand while he lived there, and when he moved back he brought it with. Other than that it is next to impossible to get an import here.

The problem now is accessories and parts. But with MKiv's help I have been able to get what I need. So far.

I'll trade some parts for biltong :) (Boy, do I miss it)

You kidding me, where abouts?

I was in Lynnwood Glen, Colbyn, Waterkloof Heights, (On the hill near the CSIR, can't remember what it was called) (We moved a bit :))

I lived in Pretoria too.. up until 8 years ago... Garsfontein near to Menlyn Park shopping centre. :)

I'll trade some parts for biltong :) (Boy, do I miss it)

You are not the only one!!!

GrahamC is also a saffer ....

LOL! Well technically Im Welsh, but grew up in Cape Town, used to live Parklands.

Lucky with the car, I looked for ages on ways to import one. Only way I could find, was to buy it here, leave it with my mom for 2 years then import it... Bet that stands out in a crowd!!

Is it a NA or TT, auto or manual?

i was born in johannesburg and lived there till age of 7, then i moved to portugal and it was there that i grow up... :) when i was 21 i decided to move to uk... and here i am!! lol with you lot....... ehehe

nice looking car BTW!!

(my dad tells me nice stories about SA!! my aunts still live over there!! im affraid of going back even for hollidays!!:(

Hi guys,

I lived in Durban before coming to the UK, and keep my biltong addiction looked after buying it from Selfridges or ordering online. What is the going rate for a Supra in ZA?:D

Guest Wassie

We used to be a British Collony, but now we are a democratic nightmare. The Police chief was arrested for corruption, bribery and aiding and a betting a known murderer.

The health minister says you can cure aids by eating a lot of garlic.

The premier of the Western Cape got fired because he asked why the government is not helping with the housing crisis.

The president's sister is married to Robert Mugabe, hence him sitting on the fence of the holocast happening there.

The next President, Jacob Zuma, is on trail for corruption and bribery for the multi billion Rand arms deal.

And I, who just want to have a supra, like a lot of other people, can't get the cars imported or they will confiscate them and destroy the car. What a load of crap.

But hey, I have a Supra, which happened to be legal, we drive on the left hand side, my view out of my bedroom is that of the famous Table Mountain, and I really don't give a hoot what these polititians do, as long as I can make heeps of money to import another Supra for my wife.