The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone been beaten by another car in there Supra TT?

Guest Blitzed

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New style 5 series.

3 series diesel in the twisties although he overtook a tractor on a blind bend so...nutter!

BPU Supras

Single Supras

Some huge Mercedes estate thing with wife and kids inside!

There is no shame in getting beaten, only in never trying.

I've got quite a list!

F355, F360, F430, Porsche 993 & 996 Turbo, GT3's, all 997's. TVR Cerbera, Mercedes SL65AMG, Mazda RX7, BMW M5 (v8 & v10) M3 & CSL, Esprit V8TT, Impreza P1, Honda NSX (5 & 6spds)

I'm sure there's a lot more.

A Porsche 993 gt2 beat my old BPU uk spec. In a desperate attemt not to get too far behind, I even raised my boost to just under 1.3 bar. It still crept away.

Nice car to get beaten by though.

Also, on the way home from the Nurburgring, I had some real bother pulling away from a Mercedes ML. Not sure what engine etc as it was behind me, but it kept up until 140-150 ish IIRC

A Porsche 993 gt2 beat my old BPU uk spec. In a desperate attemt not to get too far behind, I even raised my boost to just under 1.3 bar. It still crept away.

Nice car to get beaten by though.

Also, on the way home from the Nurburgring, I had some real bother pulling away from a Mercedes ML. Not sure what engine etc as it was behind me, but it kept up until 140-150 ish IIRC

The GT2 is no shame at all mate, I'd love to get beaten by one of them :)

I got wasted by a vw polo against my stock TT6 a few years back, it was months later when I picked up a friends VW tuning mag that I saw it was one of their feature cars of the year, turned out to have a 1.8 turbo lump pushing over 300bhp! the guy had 4 people in his car too and the braking was immense!

My mate in his 500+ BHP Scooby in the p***ing rain. Came out at a junction on to a main road and he passed me while I was still sideways. It is little consolation that he is on the track a lot (or that he is totally mental)

Not really had too many opportunities to have a "to do" with another car in the Supe yet, either due to weather, traffic or me being in the wrong car. But I did have a head to head with an M6 down the M62. I came second, by some considerable margin.

Makes it worse, because I want an M6 next and can't find anyone who'll insure me on one for less than £1800/year!