The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of Greddy 4-Row

jevansio

Got my 4-Row today, boy is it big. I've taken some close-ups of the end tanks etc, I can't believe the quality compared to the XS Power unit.

All I need now is some sun this weekend & I can have it all put back together.

Will I need any tweaks to the map after moving from the XS Power unit to this?

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

looks a lovely bit of kit :cool:

what did you do with the old one?

Nothing yet :)

I'm still deciding if I should leave the rest of the kit alone, swap the cores, & sell it as a 4-Row minus core plus XS core, or use bit's & bobs from the kit, I'll see how the fitting goes I reckon, I may end up using bits of the kit.

Beast!!! What turbo you using with that a GT4088R or the T67?

The core is very good quality, what pipes do you get with that, could you take pics of them(or at least the right hand side ones) I've heard their different than the 3-Row pipes

Whats the diameter of the end tanks?

I may sell my GReddy Hardpipes(Intake side) if my new IC pipe fits

Edited by bolarbag (see edit history)

Beast!!! What turbo you using with that a GT4088R or the T67?

The core is very good quality, what pipes do you get with that, could you take pics of them(or at least the right hand side ones) I've heard their different than the 3-Row pipes

Whats the diameter of the end tanks?

:D cheers bolarbag, Gt4088R initially, once the HKS T51R manifold turns up from Nic, I'll be putting the T51R BB on.

I'll open the other box with the pipes in & get you some photo's now.

End tank inner diameter is just under 3" (maybe 73/74mm)

Ha everyones gonna be running those whistlers!! I must admit I love that turbo but I couldn't be ar$$ed changing my mani and wastegate setup to accomodate the V-Band collector, although I sometimes wish I'd have went for that initially, but I must reassure myself its too much powaaaah!;)

I don't think you will gain a massive amount of power in the core alone(but then it was XS Power - who knows) but as the intake temps should be lower, you are at less risk of det, and if Ryan can work his magic, he should be able to manipulate that to open up a few extra horses....here's hoping!!:innocent::)

i have one in my boot, think its bigger:)

think ryan will have to check your map, as the car will flow more air?

You've got a 4-Row in your boot, I didn't think MR2 boot's were that big :D

Your right, I just wanna see your hands :love:

I knew it, Kyle has a hand fettish :D

I don't think you will gain a massive amount of power in the core alone(but then it was XS Power - who knows) but as the intake temps should be lower, you are at less risk of det, and if Ryan can work his magic, he should be able to manipulate that to open up a few extra horses....here's hoping!!:innocent::)

I'm hoping the combined endtank design improvement along with improved cooling can help just a little. Even if it makes it handle the hot days a little better I'll be happy with that (esp if TOTB is a scorcher)

I have just fitted one of these to my car, it is a top piece of kit I must say. All of the brackets make the fitting really easy :) The only thing I did find was, the pipe work from the turbo to the FMIC on mine I couldn't get to fit which ever way I tried it? I thought maybe because it was bought from the States and it fowls the steering rack. Where did you get yours from? I'd be interested to see if you get your pipe work to fit up ok or not. I have ended up using my old pipe work to the FMIC and the Greddy stuff to the throttle.

Oh bugger, I have the same 4 row xs power intercooler you have and have been kidding myself that my mapping session on Tuesday will be fine because Jay uses one and gets good results etc, looks like I may have to change after all, its the only bit of the old Turbofit stuff left on the car now but it was brand new :rolleyes: