The mkiv Supra Owners Club

toyota supra uk spec twin turbo, auto

Beefyblx

Whats the mileage / condition? The price will depend on a lot of this.

Pricewise, anywhere between 6-10 I'd have thought for the usual examples... however I've seen a well looked after very low mileage one is up for sale for something like £15k recently?

Its in very good condition, its 100k on the clock in silver with aftermarket coilovers, split rims and a stage 1 remap i think, its about 450 bhp i think he said

i was thinking of buying it and selling it on, cuz i really want a manual tt, im not into auto at all, shame really

Its in very good condition, its 100k on the clock in silver with aftermarket coilovers, split rims and a stage 1 remap i think, its about 450 bhp i think he said

i was thinking of buying it and selling it on, cuz i really want a manual tt, im not into auto at all, shame really

What's a stage 1 remap? If he's on stock turbos, he probably isn't pushing out 450bhp either ;)

Put some pics and a full spec up of all the mods he's had done and we can provide a better answer beyond what you've already been told :)

What's a stage 1 remap? If he's on stock turbos, he probably isn't pushing out 450bhp either ;)

My old UK spec was running 455 at the crank / 330 at the wheels (depending on the accuracy of the dyno), with cams, emanage, decat, boost controller at 1.2 bar, fmic etc. All on stock turbos.

Guest Angry Koala
An Auto.

Dyno'ing an auto is almost impossible so he probably told you what he thought you wanted to hear. 330 rwhp maybe with those mods but I reckon that'd be closer to 400-410 bhp at the crank.

As for a "stage 1 remap" to 450 bhp - er, no.

why not?? hes on UK spec turbos isn't he ;) could be possible

I wish dude :D

I'd be in for my £50 superchip and remap to 450bhp now if that was easily possible!

My old UK spec was running 455 at the crank / 330 at the wheels (depending on the accuracy of the dyno), with cams, emanage, decat, boost controller at 1.2 bar, fmic etc. All on stock turbos.

Massive drivetrain loss there. The only reliable figure there is the 330 at the wheels IMO.

Why?? you can run it in manual mode?

:yeahthat: I'm hoping to get to Matts dyno/bbq day at AFR and I'm hoping to get my auto on the dyno. Only to beat AndyT though ;)

From what I had previously heard about these autoboxes, I didn't think it was an unacceptable difference at the time.

A friend of mine owns the car now, so when I get my new one i'll get them dynoed again together.

Only 1 month left now!

Guest Angry Koala
Why?? you can run it in manual mode?

There are issues dynoing autos in that they have a habit of kicking down once you begin to load up the dyno, and unfortunately on the MKIV you can't stop this.

If revs drop too low (because the dyno is loading it) then the car will drop down to the next gear, even in manual mode.

There are issues dynoing autos in that they have a habit of kicking down once you begin to load up the dyno, and unfortunately on the MKIV you can't stop this.

If revs drop too low (because the dyno is loading it) then the car will drop down to the next gear, even in manual mode.

Wrong, the car will hold gear in L and 2, and won't kick down in D above 3K.:)

That's in MANU, it will kick down if not.

i almost got sucked in until you said 1.2 bar!! :lol:

My UK 6-speed made 396.8bhp at SRR with nothing but decats at 1 bar. So I personally don't think a happy UK car with some kind of remapping is inconcievable at 450bhp :)

Did you think toyota whacked in a cr&ply mapped ecu into a car designed to be fast?! This isnt saxo club where the ecu's are designed for ecconomy rather than performance!

Everyone is well aware that a UK decatted TT is going to produce 400-410 BHP but your not going to find another 40hp through mapping

Did you think toyota whacked in a cr&ply mapped ecu into a car designed to be fast?! This isnt saxo club where the ecu's are designed for ecconomy rather than performance!

Everyone is well aware that a UK decatted TT is going to produce 400-410 BHP but your not going to find another 40hp through mapping

you might with meth and a standalone and 1.4bar ;)

Guest Angry Koala
Wrong, the car will hold gear in L and 2, and won't kick down in D above 3K.:)

That's in MANU, it will kick down if not.

So you put "Wrong" and then correct me by writing the same as me but in a different format....?!

We'll have to agree to disagree (or agree by the looks of it) then having just had to cancel a dyno session for all the autos in our club as the issue was pointed out by the operators themselves and we were told straight up that any readings given wouldn't be accurate. They could have just taken the money and handed out the paperwork but were good enough not to. And we're talking about a very well-respected Super Car performance centre informing us of this, not Wikkid Dyno'z R Uz, brings yo Saxo n yo Clio bro, safe!

Calm down fella :rolleyes:

We will see soon what happens with water/meth injection and a bit more boost, as soon as I have a bit of spare cash and some time. I have an ERL 2S system to fit..

At 1 bar my car still overfuels profusely, so there is room for scope even there.

Of course Toyota didn't 'whack in a craply mapped ECU', that's just ridiculous. Is what they did do is map an ECU that is safe. Safe means overfuelling for in cylinder temps, and it is common knowledge that Toyota's turbocharged cars overfuel by a fair margin. Some large gains can be had from trimming this down, especially at higher boost levels. With a bit of help from some water injection and maybe even cams, I still think it's possible.