The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2 Questions: 1 about a sticker & 1 about a battery :)

marbleapple

HI All,

Having read past threads, I know that the 100,000km sticker on the engine is to remind the owner when to change the cambelt. Does anyone know what the above sticker means? Past threads suggest (not confirms) that it might be related to oil, but I am hoping it is saying when the cambelt was changed (esp since the number is so close to the 100k mark).

Finally (for the moment) I just wondered whether the below battery was suitable for a MK4 manual import? It was the only Supra battery Andrew Page stocked and they couldn't tell me whether it was suitable or not. :rolleyes:

I can get that Japanese sticker translated for you, if I speak very nicely to my sister-in-law. There'll be a delay of a few days though....

That would be great thank you. If the sticker means that the cambelt has been changed a couple of thousands of miles ago then there is no point in changing it.

Well IMO its the cambelt sticker.

If it is then the belt is due a change as its over 5 years old (leaving the mileage issue out of this) if it isn't you don't know when the belt was done.

I'd get a hex socket/allen key and undo the 4 bolts holding that piece of plastic on and you can have a look at it.

it doesent matter, rubber belts will deteriorate with age aswell as milage, i would change now, as its 6 years old

Fair point. The whole car needs a lot of love so I'll just add it to the list.

I'm presently pestering Gaz (Envy) for prices for everything from services to resprays. (poor bloke)