The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra and words you never want to hear

Gruggs

Hi Guys,

My mechanic was re-spraying the car this morning and he phoned me at 11am leaving a voicemail message saying "Alright G, fancy giving me a call back. Just sprayed the motor and its come out slightly different than you were thinking.....anyways give me a bell when you can".

Ok.."great" me thinks. My mechanic is prone to "going off on one" every now and then. I usually get a call to say by the way i've done such and such. So i thought best to head out there at lunch and see what he's done.

The original idea was that he was going to give the car another flash of paint which was a black metallic (scooby) / Silver metallic (pug) mix. Seems he decided that he was going to add Toyota Yaris burgundy to the lacquer to give it a little extra colour. It came out a bit stronger than he anticipated......:D

I really cant make my mind up on it. The photos aint the best as from a camera phone and the paint is fresh out the gun. It was literally just tacky as I arrived. So still to be flatened and polished.

I want to see what it looks like in the Sun and at night as it should change colour quite a bit from black to whatever it is now.

Anyways let me know what you think and also ideas for wheel colour choices. Its still black technically....i think! lol

Cheers

G

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

S'pink innit!

Although I rather like it.

We all know how much you like your pink cars! :D

It looks more purpley in person. It kinda reminds me of a pirates black or a midnight purple the way it changes colour on you.

I really cant decide on it.....all i could say was "its different i'll grant you...is it really still black?"

Different. I would of taken the lights out though during the respray.

I know....he was only messing about with the car cause he was bored. He only told me he was going to re-spray it last night.

Seems it saves him working on my hilux surf thats in and he has in bits. He's had a lover's tiff with it so refuses to work on it anymore.

Its different, difficult to say more with it not finished

I'm kinda thinking the same as you. I need to see it all finished up.

The finish is actually very good straight from the gun but he'd going to flatten and polish it all up on wednesday. so hopefully have some better pics then and I can see what I think.

If i'd known he was going to do that i think i'd have asked him to put a proper purple through it. oh well can always re-spray it if need be.

Not too sure so far, but am not hating it if that helps? :D

The finish isn't going to be very good if the windows and especially lights have been left it, the seal will be very visible.

Totally agree Darryl...it was only meant to be a quick flash over to tide the car over till it got a proper re-spray in the winter..think he just got carried away.