The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Undertrays / Diffusers

jevansio

My Supe currently has no front undertrays (a lengthy oil leak ellimination process meant they were on & off all the time).

I saw this pic on the US forums and think it looks well mean:

So are they a worthwhile mod? Do they actually do anything (the blurb says something about helping the flow of air under the car).

I was thinking about getting some front & rear ones custom made, has anyone done this before, or would I be better buying the TS one or the Varis one?

I don't think there's any aftermark ones for the front, so it would have to be custom there, or would I be better just getting some more stock front trays.

Any advice welcome :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

buy the ts one, yes they are meant to help with rear downforce/drag.

but i take it nothing is wind tunnel designed

I like the aggressive look on the back & I think it would go well with the full carbon RMM upper spoiler.

Am I right in thinking the flatter & smoother the underneath of the car the better? If I were to get some custom ones made could I upset the car if I didn't know what I was doing? (if they were made they would be completely flat - they wouldn't be funny shapes with big bits sticking out if you know what I mean).

Not being funny, but have any of these diffusers been tested in a tunnel?? I just get visions of the air flow not being quite right and causing all sorts of issues...(negating the down force from the spoiler with lift for instance).

Just seen your post, sorry..

buy the ts one, yes they are meant to help with rear downforce/drag.

but i take it nothing is wind tunnel designed

Just had a look under the car, with a 4" drainpipe hanging under there it's going to be impossible to get a flat surface. Am I fighting a lost cause trying to get a flat underside with that hanging there?

Also those aftermarket diffusers seem to be held on with just a couple of brackets, how are they going to stand up to 180mph+ runs, or are hey really just for show? Michel said his Do-Luck one ripped off at Marham.

I think I'll get the car up on ramps & have a good look as to where full front & rear panels could be attached securly, and avoiding the exhaust.

The TS one is stunning :)

I know :D, not sure how it'll fit with my exhaust, & I don't really want to get rid of my spats, but I think it'll go well with the carbon accents I have on the car

There was a thread many moons ago on SF where some guy was making a proper venturi tunnel, I dont know what ever came of it though.

TLicense is the man to speak to on this ;)

Cheers Wez, might drop him a PM if he doesn't spot the thread :)

UK rich has a very subtle on fitted, was admiring it at the Pod a few weeks ago, but I forgot to ask what make it was, I thought how nice it would look on a stock car but most importantly he said it actually felt like it was working

Could be the Do-Luck one? They are a lot more subtle than the TS ones