The mkiv Supra Owners Club

21watt 501A bulbs - any ideas where to buy?

Guest r8weg

Guest r8weg

I am looking for 501A type bulbs but in a 12V 21W format. They are like the wedge type bulb normally fitted in side repeaters (5W)with an orange coating, however I need them in 21W form. I am not sure if they have an alternative code.

I have bought them before from a local bike shop for other projects but they are now out of business and the other bike shop in our town just looks at me blankly and unless I tell him what bike its from he aint bothered. So why bother with him!

Now the reason I need them - I was bored today so though I would play around with the front facelift indicator units. I have swopped the wiring around so what is normally the indicator is now the side light and the side light is now the indicator (with a 501A 5W bulb in for now).

It actually looks quite good as it fills the bumper more with the lights more commonly used.

The bulbs don't need to be the silver type ones just ordinary orange will do. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest r8weg
Halfords...or *any* car parts supplier.

Halfords - No

PartCo - No

General Traffic - No

Found out that they are 921A W21W

bought them from consumabulbs.com who were very helpful and do next day delivery. they stock every weird and wonderful bulb imaginable and LED stuff too.